315 on A | 315 A Street | Fort Point

Re: 319 A Street Rear

Saw this site from the bus this morning. Looks like they've got 2 or 3 floors up. I'll try to snap a few quick shots if I get a chance at some point.

Structure is up to the 4th floor as of today..

2rmp82f.jpg

Wow that cladding so far seems pretty legit

What are the advantages and disadvantages of pouring concrete around rebar such as is being done here versus constructing a steel skeleton around a concrete core?

The main one: price of steel vs price of concrete (obv both these fluctuate).
I believe concrete typically has higher labor costs (carpenters need to form the columns, iron workers need to tie the rebar) and steel has higher material costs. But I'm speaking from experience in bridge construction so if some one with building experience can add their 2 cents please do.

Concrete offers better sound insulation - important if you're trying to sell a $600,000 condo to someone below a guy with a subwoofer hooked up to his home theater.

Concrete offers better sound insulation - important if you're trying to sell a $600,000 condo to someone below a guy with a subwoofer hooked up to his home theater.

Something most builders dont give a shit about because when people walk through the apartment at noon with the salepeson, its not on their mind.

By the time its 3am and their neighbor is having loud sex 4 weeks later its too late.

Thats why americans hate apartments, they associate apartments with loud noise...instead of shit developers.

^ I'm pretty sure they're not talking about the existing structure, but rather the cladding on the front face of the new building.

There's not much to see. What you think is legit, on the right, is an existing Boston Wharf building. It looks authentic because it is!

Yea now take a look to the left at the cladding i was talking about and how it actually doesnt seem prefabbed which is a good start but theres not much to go by yet.

I like the proportions on this building and the variations in height with the surrounding buildings.

Back