401 Park Drive (née Landmark Center) | Fenway

512C1F88-F811-4590-A89E-7A771B934E4D.jpeg
CE6A1031-95A2-4AE9-BEB7-82EE40B64A32.jpeg
09C0C530-870C-4ED5-944D-22D603FD2A2E.jpeg

The Boston Sports Club in Landmark Center has closed permanently as of this week.

I’m really excited for this one. Nice materials and I think it’s going to give Brookline Ave a considerably more dramatic canyon effect.

Samuels is selling to Alexandria:

I feel like this isn't great for the prospects for retail or housing at the site. Alexandria isn't in the business of landlording for REI or Regal.

Samuels is selling to Alexandria:

I feel like this isn't great for the prospects for retail or housing at the site. Alexandria isn't in the business of landlording for REI or Regal.

Long term, perhaps, but the Globe mentioned that Alexandra's going to be acting as an asset manager, essentially replacing JP Morgan. Samuel's will still be handling site operations and development. Alexandria will probably force more lab space, but I can't imagine them saying no to the retail agreements already in place, at least for the time being.

Long term, perhaps, but the Globe mentioned that Alexandra's going to be acting as an asset manager, essentially replacing JP Morgan. Samuel's will still be handling site operations and development. Alexandria will probably force more lab space, but I can't imagine them saying no to the retail agreements already in place, at least for the time being.
Also interesting that the Globe referred to it as a "three-building" complex.

I suspect that Alexandria being on board won't change much in the existing 401 Park building or in the currently-UC lab building, but maybe this will push a future Phase III (where the BBB is now next to the GL station) towards lab rather than another use.

Back