401 Park Drive (née Landmark Center) | Fenway

Re: Boylston West @ Fenway Triangle (Goodyear Tire) | 1325 Boylston Street | Fenway

The section on "The Future of Landmark Center" is amazing. Has construction started on the Landmark Renovation/Additions yet?

http://www.thevanness.com/#retail

retail_background_7.jpg

retail_background_8.jpg

retail_background_9.jpg

Re: Boylston West @ Fenway Triangle (Goodyear Tire) | 1325 Boylston Street | Fenway

Thanks, Justin for pulling those pics of Landmark Center out of the slide show! I did attempt a copy/paste on the separate picture but the whole slideshow was copied. That's the extent of my tech savy!
Getting back to Landmark Center, it's amazing the development that's happening in the Back Bay/Fens area! And the development is mostly good, urban development and design with literally tens of thousands of new square footage of street level restaurant/retail development incorporated into the new housing/office buildings. Taken together with the rest of the building boom happening in the city, Boston is literally remaking itself before our very eyes. Exciting times!

The section on "The Future of Landmark Center" is amazing. Has construction started on the Landmark Renovation/Additions yet?

http://www.thevanness.com/#retail

Last I saw two days ago there was scaffolding around several sections of the building, but it looked very lightweight like it was just for brickwork which seems odd. But I didn't have a chance to look closely.

That scaffolding has been up for months now and from what I can gather has only been for light exterior renovations.

Anyone notice the building in the bottom left of the first picture? that is not what is there now, that is the first rendering I've seen of that block.

Anyone notice the building in the bottom left of the first picture? that is not what is there now, that is the first rendering I've seen of that block.

Is there anything officially planned for that plot? Or is that possibly just some filler to make the pic look better?

Re: Landmark Center Expansion

In response to questions on the Boylston forum, the most recent pnf can be found here at the BRA.

And the building appears in Oct 1, 2013 presentation.

Third Floor Plan - at the 'green roof' the other two building high rise footprints can be seen
p1SnUun.png

Park St Elevation - building is shown end on
o0xR8a7.png

Is there anything officially planned for that plot? Or is that possibly just some filler to make the pic look better?

See this response in the Landmark Center thread.

How about all the Landmark Ctr questions go in that thread?

How about all the Landmark Ctr questions go in that thread?

Thanks. I hinted at this earlier & perhaps should have been more direct.

Are they enclosing the Fenway station?

I haven't paid much attention to this project, but this looks quite nice....

retail_background_8.jpg

Reminds me a lot of Eataly in NYC, I likey.

Are they enclosing the Fenway station?

I hope so, haven't looked through the PNF yet but it seems like it would be a missed opportunity if they don't do it now.

That's the planned Wegman's, correct?

Yup. Says "Wegman's" on the banner in the render. Gotta say, though, that the one in Newton doesn't look nearly that nice (the Chestnut Hill Star Market is actually way nicer). It's not like they're under any obligation to make the interiors look like the drawings.

It's just like the Roche Bros at Downtown Crossing - drawing a bohemian supermarket is easy.

I think the Roche renderings actually look more or less in line with what I remember the last fancy Roche (Linden St, Wellesley) I was in looking like.

I was looking at the parking lot in front of the Landmark Center today, right at dusk, when the building itself looked perfect... and thinking what a nice park it'll be when they replace the parking lot. Wondering when that is going to happen, and when to expect the actual expansion behind Landmark? Work on Boylston Street projects, as well as The Point, shouldn't really preclude (at least from a construction permit and traffic disruption standpoint) simultaneous construction here...

Back