45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

Here are my shots from today, Feb 2 2008. For some reason they were working (Saturday)

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

Funny. They were working on The Clarendon & Mandarin, too, yesterday.

Maybe they all plan on calling in sick on Monday?

Passing by this morning, it looks like they started to hang some of the facade on the lower levels over the weekend. It looks pretty good, but lonely without windows or trim.

I got all trigger happy on this one today (beautiful day out!)

First, a few from the Marshalls/33 Arch garage

img1798ls0.jpg

img1806xt1.jpg

img1807aq3.jpg

And on to the streets..

img1790xp5.jpg

img1796wq7.jpg

img1813ip7.jpg

That blank wall is troubling, because it'll most likely rise the full height of the tower (too skinny to have its stair/elevator core in the center), and, depending on what it's clad in, could either be ok or downright disastrous.

img1814am7.jpg

This project is unique in how close it comes up to its lot lines. The next three shots were taken from the alley on the west side of the site (where the building is literally about five feet away from the perimeter fence) looking in, moving from south to north.

img1816ky1.jpg

img1819pg6.jpg

img1820xi8.jpg

Like JoeGallows said, cladding is starting to go up

img1828kl4.jpg

img1827fw8.jpg

So far, I like it. Very RED.

img1823yl4.jpg

There's a subtle rough-hewn texture to both materials that lends them a sense of solidity, something sorely lacking in your typical precast concrete junk.

img1824dl0.jpg

Melting (well, melted) snow was pouring down everywhere

img1822uf0.jpg

img1825dj7.jpg

And the last one, from Beacon Street

img1845na3.jpg

Nice shots. Good thinking on the garage angle. The cladding doesn't look too bad.

I'm impressed....this is going up pretty quickly

wow it looks like they added another 3 or 4 floors since last thursday...

hot damn! i was in downtown crossing a week ago and you couldn't see the structure from washington st. now about 4 floors are visible. what is the final floor count for this going to be?

Very nice shots indeed!

I agree on the cladding being a pleasant departure from the norm (as of late anyway).

If my math is right, it looks to be about halfway up . . .

What do you think...A couple of stories taller than the crane control cab and its done?

Very nice set of pics.

It looks to me like it has around 10-12 floors to go.

kz's pics, a month ago (1/19) and today

img559ft2.jpg

img1790xp5.jpg

Good eye, Mike. it was my intention to eventually do what you did, as I've established an exact spot to stand at for taking this particular perspective.

And I counted 18 floors when I was there.

Wow great pictures kz, thanks a bunch! I really really like this project, and it is great to see this rising. It is such a slim building, may I say that thinnest building of it's size in Boston? I like the facade too, I can't wait to see it's impact on the skyline (mainly from the common). Looking great though!

Oh man, i just saw some of the interior shots. I wish so much that i could afford to live there! :(:(

I actually have a current interior shot from yesterday of one of the units on the 7th floor, which I'll post when I figure it out. Barbaric Manchurian and Type 001 have been great guys to host my shots, but they probably groan if another one shows up in their e-mail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back