45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just walked by this site earlier today, and it looks as if another couple of buildings in the area are in as bad of shape as this garage. Does anybody know when and how they are taking this down (implosion?) I would like to be there to see it.

Abbey Group secures loan for Province St. project

Boston Business Journal - 11:17 AM EST Friday 11/24

The Abbey Group recently secured a $120 million construction loan for the development of a luxury condominium project at 45 Province St.

The project, located in downtown Boston near the Downtown Crossing shopping district and the Boston Common, will be a 32-story, 150-unit building. The building is under construction and will be complete by 2009.

The high-end building will contain a 293-space, valet-parked garage, a ground floor restaurant and bar, resident parlor and dining room, heated indoor/outdoor pool, fitness center and 24-hour concierge services.

The Boston office of Holliday Fenoglio Fowler LP arranged the four-year construction loan on behalf of The Abbey Group through Landesbank Hessen-Thuringen Girozentrale. The Abbey Group is a Boston-based real estate development company which owns the Landmark Center and Lafayette Corporate Center.

Since1998, HFF has completed approximately $153.2 billion in transactions in all markets and property types.

Just noticed on a webcam that the garage is gone. Anyone been by the site?

Just walked by today and the garage was starting to show signs of dismantling. The top portion is off. It's not close to being finished just yet though.

I noticed the Province Steps which I thought were some kind of historical landmark, heve been torn up.

Does anyone have any inside info on Marliaves? Any chance it could reopen as is?

statler said:
I noticed the Province Steps which I thought were some kind of historical landmark, heve been torn up.

Are you sure? How is that possible?

The treads are gone, but the wall is still there. I'm hoping they had to take them up to protect them or to restore them.

They seem to have been removed with some care, so I assume that they dismantled them to allow for construction and will replace them upon completion of work in that area... Someone may want to contact the Landmarks Commission to see what's up..

Was the Littlest Bar demolished or is it still sitting there empty?

Roxxma said:
They seem to have been removed with some care, so I assume that they dismantled them to allow for construction and will replace them...
This is what some folks assumed when they dismantled Penn Station (with some care).

Hope this time it's true. Is the wrought iron still there?

Btw, these are the same hack architects who screwed up the exposed brick wall of the State Street Block facing the Greenway.

Off topic: Roxxma, after thinking a long time the spelling cow wants to change your moniker to "Rucksacks". Thought you'd want to know. ;)

wow. what an overall improvement the dissappearance of that parking garage has created.

ablarc said:
Off topic: Roxxma, after thinking a long time the spelling cow wants to change your moniker to "Rucksacks". Thought you'd want to know. ;)

Wow.. It knows my real name...

Just kidding.

Went by this site the other day... The garage has been totally leveled and they're carting away the remaining debris. Excavation for the foundation will begin very soon. What's really noteworthy about this project is how small the parcel of land is. Its tiny! I'm really anxious to see what the impact of a really slender tower will be on the skyline.

The building's not a slender tower. It's a thin wide slab similar to Archstone Boston Common. The vertical division into sections and the angle of the renderings make it look narrower than it is.

wow ... that tower is gonna be really slim on that side.

Yes - it's one apartment wide at the ends. But what a sweet apartment that is: Three sides windows!

Jay

If it was made of glass and 800ft tall, then I would have mistaken this tower for one in HK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back