45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
7/3

img6394zi1.jpg

Wow, looks like it is coming along well. I can't wait until they start putting the steel frame up! It's gonna be sick :D

I hope it does make have an impact on the skyline. This building is really nice and I cant wait to see it rise!

Based upon where it is, it won't have a huge impact on the skyline, it's just not tall enough to stand out from the south, east and northeast, though from back bay, and some of Cambridge it will be quite visible. There are some great renderings on the website by the way and according to the broker I contacted last week about a unit, sales are going quite well.

This thing is only going to be in the 300 foot range (figure around 325), so like kpm said, the only place it'll have any impact will be from the west, and even then it's not much of an impact.

A quick little Paintbrush job..

img3446ic5.jpg

Anything to break up the stagnant clump of skyscrapers north of School Street. The area hasn't seen any skyline upgrades since the early 80s.

czsz said:
Anything to break up the stagnant clump of skyscrapers north of School Street. The area hasn't seen any skyline upgrades since the early 80s.

The 1880's. /rimshot

I found the facade mock-up:

the red panelling to the right looked to be metal, but the left-most pier of red was definitely terra cotta

img9187iv5.jpg

the terra cotta part

img9190yv1.jpg

Damn, I like it a lot. This is the facade I was talking about! We got some colors, RED! woo hoo!

Awesome! Thanks Kz, can't wait to see more pictures soon!

It is looking good, we will soon be seeing the steel go up, the moment we have all been waiting for!

Took a lot of this one yesterday. (all the pictures I'm posting now are from yesterday, the 14th)

img9941uw1.jpg

img9942kx1.jpg

ready to rocket into the sky

img9943dl7.jpg

img9944km6.jpg

img9952kp3.jpg

img9953ec6.jpg

img9956cs5.jpg

img9960bu2.jpg

I wish that this was the 1000-footer they were building in Winthrop Sq.

Huh, what was the last new construction in Boston using concrete as the superstructure?

Good for residential construction, in particular, though; it should help prevent transfer of noise between floors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back