45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
img2652hb4.jpg

img2653dc4.jpg

img2656yq8.jpg

Thanks for the pictures.

Does anyone know if the new building will be flush with the Bosworth St. streetwall or will it poke out onto the street like the steel in this picture?

img2653dc4.jpg

in the latest pics, i didn't see those old stone steps and railings that were next to the little bar, did they survive?

lndscpr said:
in the latest pics, i didn't see those old stone steps and railings that were next to the little bar, did they survive?
They're in a warehouse in New Jersey. :wink:

Ablarc, you post whore!! :wink:

About the question Bowwest asked earlier, I asked a construction worker whether the project will be built out into the public ROWs, and she had no clue, but she did say that there's a parking garage underneath. Seeming how the same apparent land-grabbing is happening on Province street (see the below picture), perhaps this will just be a case where there'll be a "hollow" sidewalk while the building rises within the normal lot lines.

img5832bh3.jpg

Yesterday, 5/4/07

485487132_8ceb069498_b.jpg

They're digging pretty deep
485487154_5f833e029e_b.jpg

485487166_43801333ef_b.jpg

485487194_1d936cae3d_b.jpg

^ Goodbye the steps?

Hard to tell what's going on in that photo, what with the block wall and all. Street level where the minivan is parked is up a half flight. How will the pedestrian connection be made? Will there be a wheelchair ramp?

ya what's going on there?
Doesn't seem like they left much space around the building!

It's looking good, can't wait until they start putting up the steel!
When is this expected to be finished? Early 2008? is that correct?

Here are a few shots I got on 6/25.

643735136_3d3b7f9caa.jpg
642862673_585636e75f.jpg

642877793_0f2c44a36a_b.jpg

642885419_635e29062e_b.jpg

I really hope this turns out well. I think it is one of the more attractive towers going up in the city. Given the site limitations it won't be some fat box, which Lord knows Boston has too many of.

ya, this is a beautiful building, it almost seems too nice for Boston.
Also, I have some pictures of the site from a building across the street, I just gotta upload the pics and get em on here

Gotta agree all around on the Providence building; it looks great, and it will (hopefully) help revive Downtown Crossing by bringing people there 24 hrs a day. My only problem is that, bar none, the worst practice of the BRA since it tore down the West End and Scollay Sq., is its constant attack on our fair city's bars and strip clubs! I mean, when will the carnage end, BRA!!

Some pictures of the site from a couple weeks ago from a music store across the street (can't remember the name)

the banner for the project
TriptoBostonandMore232.jpg

TriptoBostonandMore235.jpg

some of the equipment
TriptoBostonandMore233.jpg

TriptoBostonandMore234.jpg

the site
TriptoBostonandMore239.jpg

TriptoBostonandMore238.jpg

TriptoBostonandMore237.jpg

TriptoBostonandMore236.jpg

I can't wait to see this building rise. I think it is going to turn out well. Will it have an impact on the skyline at all?

When you think about it, Boston has some pretty nice towers going up. This one, the Clarendon, SST, Filene's....it's easy to lose track of these well designed and prominent buildings in the mess of boring architecture that we're constantly whining about. It always feels good to take a look at these renderings every once in a while.

BostonBoy, nice photos. Really good perspective -- shows how slim this building will be... at least from two sides. Thanks for posting these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back