45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

Yea seriously, that's nuts.

Could we see that pic a little bit bigger, please? I have to squint to make anything out.

April 12 2007

The building is easy to find now
IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_3421.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3423.jpg

IMG_3424.jpg

And as seen from behind

IMG_3425.jpg

IMG_3426.jpg

I wishg they would've used dark green metal & glass instead of black. Dark green always goes good with red, while black.. not so much.

Dark green? Black is the color of urban sophistication. Dark green would have given this the connotation of an Eddie Bauer edition Jeep.

I know what black is all about, but I don't feel it's right here. Something about it is sucking the life out of that bold terracotta red.

Hmm... I hate to be a party-pooper and it is perhaps still a bit early to be judging, but 45 Province looks pretty cheap in those photos. The terracotta tiles, when juxtaposed with the actual brick of neighboring buildings, are like a Cracker Jack prize next to a 24-carat diamond. And the glass in those pictures seems to be of very poor-quality. Hopefully it'll leave a better impression when finished...

You know, brick used to be assailed as the cheapest looking material possible. The Romans worked overtime to keep their (mainly brick) buildings coated in stucco, and olde Boston towne had nary a pre-1872 fire countinghouse that would be caught dead in brown brick rather than stone. Point being - these perceptions change with time.

Great pictures van! Thanks for all the photo updates! You really did cover a lot of ground haha
I am liking how this 45 Province is turning out, the facade looks bright in these pictures, so I can only imagine how it looks in person....This building is coming out great through...hopefully it will be a nice addition to the skyline (if it is that noticeable)

I don't think I've seen any renderings showing this side of the building, so is the concrete wall going to remain like that?
42508002np5.jpg

42508003pd8.jpg

No, the concrete wall is the shear wall and serves as the backbone of the structure. It will be covered by metal panel. This week the metal panel is beginning installation, visible from the alley.

From April 27, 2008:

The rest of my 45 Province under construction are HERE.

anyone know approximately how many floors they have left to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back