45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

This is a pretty narrow building. I would guess that behind that blank wall are 2 or 3 elevator shafts, side by side, plus the emergency stairwell. They had to go somewhere.

Yes, the core has to go somewhere.

I'm with everyone on that partial blank wall.

But when you think about it, it cant really be on province st side, because the curb appeal would be horrible. It can't be on either side because thats probably a safety issue, and ideally it wouldn't be on the side facing the common and the most visable side to the public, but they probably didnt have a choice. Maybe they could have done it in the front and put up faux windows to make it look believable. I watched the construction as I was reading books for free in Borders (haha suckers) on my lunch break, and I did see several fake windows go up. Maybe they could have pulled that off. The view over DTX and the financial district is not too shaby so developer probably charges the same price... who really cares about the public, honestly. I wouldn't. Hopefully the partial blank wall looks respectable.

Taken today.
Had no idea a little parade was going on today!
IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

I spoke with one of the hardhats yesterday to ask what the black panels were and if they will go to the top. Yes they will, and he said something like "lucabrite" or "Luca Brazzi". I wasn't sure if he was telling me what the panels were made of, or that I would be "sleeping with the fishes" if I inquired further.

Hell no. Been rebuilding a beat up 50's quarter midget racing car, having a couple of pops. Gonna wash the grease off now and go see "Harold and Kumar" with a pal.

From the BBJ 5/9/08:

On the market for 20 months, luxury condo project 45 Province -- which boasts an on-site spa, swimming pool and rooftop garden -- has sold approximately 25 percent of the first 33 units released by the project. The site is slated to have 136 total units and is expected to be complete in the spring of 2009.

Units range in price from $500,000 to $5.5 million. Price per square foot ranges from the mid-$700's to $2,000.

Sales have been "steady" this year at about 1.5 units per month, said David Epstein, president and chief operating officer of The Abbey Group, the developer of 45 Province. Epstein hopes that in the coming months his project will begin selling two to three units per month.

Read the full article here

Thank you! Poor man's "Bridge of Sighs". One like it at Oxford too. Or is it Cambridge? I forget now.
P.S. If the city could glam up some of these alleys, outdoor dining, and drinking especially, it would have a Parisian (or Edinburgh) kind of feel. There is a really kool alley/mews off Bromfield, almost across from the opening to Province. Chairs, tables, pretty colored lights, cobbles, tunes...just do it!

Last edited by a moderator:

^ There are actually similar bridges in both Oxford and Cambridge.

I always thought that too!,When it was 1st proposed I thought they were just going to re-skin the building and add some floors to it,but now that I look at this garage I see the blank brick wall,it makes me think of the blank cement wall thats there now!

Funny, I made the same point back on page 2 of the thread.

If I am right about the angle, One Franklin will have a pretty dominating presence in that first shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back