45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

3 more floors + addition 3 mechanical(?) floors on top.

45ProvinceCam-5-1-08.jpg

It's really too bad that this isn't going to be 8-10 floors higher as it really would have made its mark on the skyline. I still like it though....

yesterday

img5465mb3.jpg

img5474uh8.jpg

img5475ws0.jpg

img5476wi2.jpg

img5480xx6.jpg

img5479qu5.jpg

img5485ms1.jpg

moving away now..

img5716fq6.jpg

img5730jv3.jpg

and finally, from BU bridge

img5044vm3.jpg

--

OK guys, that's it for construction photos from my trip yesterday. Hope you enjoyed them all!

Kz, thanks for the pics...from all over town! They're awesome!! Curious about 45 P. How do find it close up? Does the black glass against the red at 45 Province look ok or too early to tell yet.

The glass doesn't look to be of very high quality, but as I've said before, I'm a fan of the red terra cotta stuff. It has a rich character in person that doesn't translate too well through photos.. my third pic probably shows it best.

Great pics! Thanks for sharing, it's such a beautiful creation, just wish it had more height...

The glass doesn't look to be of very high quality, but as I've said before, I'm a fan of the red terra cotta stuff. It has a rich character in person that doesn't translate too well through photos.. my third pic probably shows it best.

I'm a fan of the red terra cotta as well. If you look at the original renderings, it looked like they were going to use a clear glass, but the glass that is going in appears to have a greenish tint. I preferred the clear glass look.
That concrete wall better be covered with something good, because that is the side of the building that faces the Common and that we are going to be looking at most of the time. I'm nervous because the rendering conveniently never showed what that side was going to look like. They played the same trick with the renderings for that apartment tower in Chinatown.

Oh yes, about the concrete wall: they're putting black metal panels over it, probably about 4' x 8' in size, and they're similar in appearance to what's being used for the spandrels.

I'm not sure a huge blank black expanse will look very good from the Common, but we'll see.

It will be a fiasco if this view is filled with a "huge blank black expanse."

42508002np5.jpg

img4821nr8.jpg

img5716fq6.jpg

Great pix,s! You think they could've extended the building around the blank wall and created more living area, or maybe those door's? will lead to balconies?

It had better not stay white, or else the State House Dome will be very difficult to see.

Great pix,s! You think they could've extended the building around the blank wall and created more living area, or maybe those door's? will lead to balconies?

The building reaches the property line. Theres an alley behind it.

1129292616_8662.jpg

Shows balconies.

But if the blank wall abuts an alley rather than someone else's property, why couldn't they have put in windows?

i'm unclear about what constraint made the wall necessary -- what did i miss? and why would the blank wall face the esplanade? that's the better view by far.

This is a pretty narrow building. I would guess that behind that blank wall are 2 or 3 elevator shafts, side by side, plus the emergency stairwell. They had to go somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back