50 Liberty @ Fan Pier | 50 Liberty Drive | Seaport

22068112533_0eb546aed9_b.jpg

Major work underway on the sites eastern seawall. As you can see they are driving a wall of sheet pillings on the harbor side of the seawall and driving a row of steel pillings next to the floating docks. They have also brought in a lot of fill which is filling in the low spots on the western side of the seawall..

https://flic.kr/p/AeaeoK

So this is the last piece of fan pier? For some reason I thought this was going to match the masterplan and still have a plot in between 50 liberty and 1mpd, but it appears this building extends from 1mpd up to the waterfront.

So this is the last piece of fan pier? For some reason I thought this was going to match the masterplan and still have a plot in between 50 liberty and 1mpd, but it appears this building extends from 1mpd up to the waterfront.

I think, though I may be wrong, that there will still be a building to come in that space. There is a lot of construction equipment parked in the space where Fan Pier's 10 Fan Pier Blvd. would be in the future. There is sheeting be drilled along the border of the site, but I think that that is for the Harborwalk fix-up that they're doing in coordination with 50 Liberty.

It's also possible that the two buildings will share a garage, and they're building the whole thing now...

You know, if all the buildings in the seaport were connected underground, it would give it it's own unique character. New England winters have always left me wishing I could walk around the neighborhood without actually going outside...

Back