50 Liberty @ Fan Pier | 50 Liberty Drive | Seaport

I really can't wait until they open the new section of harborwalk adjacent to 50 Liberty so that the walk becomes contiguous between the Barking Crab and the ICA. Anyone know when that might happen? It looks like the walk is fully built, but I am not sure if they're going to delay opening it because its considered part of the construction zone. It seems like there's a reasonable buffer and that the walk could open soon...

I doubt it will open soon - the walkway along the harbor is nowhere near finished...

Interior render from fanpierboston.com

50Lib-FP-website-A-1280x720.jpg

Balcony

50Lib-FP-website-C-1280x720.jpg

Balcony view

50Lib-FP-website-E-1280x720.jpg

And courtesy of 50liberty.com

50-liberty-features-large-window-walls-of-glass-boston.jpg

I think the fact that it isn't very tall actually makes some of these views even better. Its not too high up where you are above everything and seeing that nothing is between this and the water you get a nice overview. Its not ground level but still at a reasonable height where you can see details clearly. The second render shows how you are kind of within the city instead of above it and it looks nice.

These are actually old renders from 22 Liberty. 50 may be using the same marketing materials and the views would indeed be very similar, but just pointing it out.

Interior render from fanpierboston.com

50Lib-FP-website-A-1280x720.jpg

Balcony

50Lib-FP-website-C-1280x720.jpg

Balcony view

50Lib-FP-website-E-1280x720.jpg

And courtesy of 50liberty.com

50-liberty-features-large-window-walls-of-glass-boston.jpg

I think the fact that it isn't very tall actually makes some of these views even better. Its not too high up where you are above everything and seeing that nothing is between this and the water you get a nice overview. Its not ground level but still at a reasonable height where you can see details clearly. The second render shows how you are kind of within the city instead of above it and it looks nice.

The renders in my first post do not show up anymore on the first page and I found one that is huge and very detailed so Ill just throw it up here again.

boston-luxury-towers6-50-liberty.jpg

+ the other angle for the same reasons

Looks like the people at 22 Liberty who live in the left and middle stacks of balconies will lose most of their water view and basically have a view of a few new surrounding buildings once 50 Liberty is finished but they must have known that when they bought.

Yeah, you never see in these marketing brochures view of the opposing balconies. It's always ocean. Strange :)

Yeah, you never see in these marketing brochures view of the opposing balconies. It's always ocean. Strange :)

They play that game over at Portside at East Pier. Only the views at the ends of the long, narrow buildings are actually protected.

They will show you a unit with a balcony view toward either Seaport or Charlestown, and coo about the wonderful view. Then you ask about the building planned or even under construction about 40 feet away, directly in your sightline, and they start sputtering.

They play that game over at Portside at East Pier. Only the views at the ends of the long, narrow buildings are actually protected.

They will show you a unit with a balcony view toward either Seaport or Charlestown, and coo about the wonderful view. Then you ask about the building planned or even under construction about 40 feet away, directly in your sightline, and they start sputtering.

At least Portside at East Pier are apartments, so residents only have one-year lease periods to worry about. On that timeframe construction is obvious, and if things change after a year anyone can just pick up and move without any loss on their part. These Fan Pier buildings are condos, so residents have an actual investment in the value of the unit for the long term.

That being said, if you buy a condo--especially in a brand new building--immediately abutting an obvious future development site then you have zero right to complain about your view being obstructed a couple of years later.

Frankly, the condo's I'm referring to, the ones with the loss of their views, were probably much less expensive than the condo's with harbor or city views. It all washes out, values will rise, I'm sure those units will be sold for a profit in the future.

The only thing that is an issue in this type of situation is if someone engages in intentional deception during a condo sale (and even then, significant naïveté on behalf of the buyer also must be at play). If not for deception+naïveté, then initial sale price should account for differing view potentials of condos in the same building. (by deception I mean an agent saying something like: "oh no, nothing can be built that blocks your view"). Otherwise, if its a fair sale price, then people who bought a condo whose view ends up getting blocked have no sound basis for complaint. This is the exact same issue we talk about in half the threads on here: someone buying something in the middle of the city with no sound reason for their view to be protected and with evidence of development all around them, then proceeding to protest city hall when someone wants to build something. That is akin to buying a car, and then a couple of years later waging war on the manufacturer because the tires wore out after 40k miles.

^ So it looks like they poured concrete walls along the N and E sides of this site, but not the S or W sides. I always assumed that this underground garage would be joined with the one in the future building to be built south of this site (this excavation extends under the future "Liberty Drive"), but will it also be joined with the garage under the Vertex building to the west? In BeeLine's last picture, are those Vertex parking levels peeking out into the pit?

And on a related note, does anybody know if there is a parking garage under the "green" at Fan Pier east of One Marina Park Drive?

That is the underground wall to Twenty Two Liberty garage.

Right, got my geography mixed up there. So it looks like 22 Liberty, 50 Liberty, and future office (?) building will all have a continuous underground garage.

Back