50 Liberty @ Fan Pier | 50 Liberty Drive | Seaport

I couldn't get a clear shot from where I was in the snow, but crane is up!

After all the water issues at the Twenty/Two Liberty project I have been very surprised with the lack of water at this site.

Just give it a week. Highest tide of the year coming this weekend. Non-zero chance of bad outcomes here and at pier one on the other side of the harbor, depending on the weather.

Last edited:
Couldn't get a picture in the rain last night from the Commuter boat but the elevator core is coming up Maybe tonight as the weather seems better.

Couldn't get a picture in the rain last night from the Commuter boat but the elevator core is coming up Maybe tonight as the weather seems better.

Core is up like 3-4 levels. Impressive hole down there right now - this one is moving quickly.

50%20Liberty%20Drive%201.jpg

50%20Liberty%20Drive%202.jpg

50%20Liberty%20Drive%203.jpg

50%20Liberty%20Drive%204.jpg

I was looking at the Pelli Clarke Pelli website to see what, if anything, they had about the South Station project and came across their link to old plans and renderings of the Fan Pier Master Plan that they did for The Pritzkers and Carpenter and Company. The grandiose plans included a new canal making Fan Pier into an island, and towers that at the time were believed to be realistic, but would be nonstarters under current FAA guidelines. Take a look and see what might have been if Anthony Athanas hadn't gotten greedy

You brought back some old memories, when this was proposed back in the 80's I was so excited I drew the new skyline on a napkin( paper towel), still have the drawing

Last edited:
It looks to me like the excavation at 50 Liberty extends further to the south than this building's footprint, reaching all the way underneath the future "Liberty Drive" to that street's southern edge. Is this going to be another deal similar to One Hundred Northern Ave / One Harbor Shore Drive where a common garage underlies the buildings on either side of the street? So perhaps once 50 Liberty finishes we'll see excavation at the Ten Fan Pier Boulevard site, even if the plans for that building are not yet released?

If so, this is good planning. Office buildings generally need parking during work hours and residential buildings generally need parking outside of work hours, so by combining the garages the space can be used more efficiently.

Back