50 Liberty @ Fan Pier | 50 Liberty Drive | Seaport

^ It is really too bad that the blue netting color pallette won't be kept for the balconies. I like the effect.

Is that another glass mechanical screen? I feel like I've been raving like a lunatic about mechanical screens lately (in slow motion albeit), but man, can they make or ruin a building. This one on 50 Liberty doesn't really fit the design... looks kind of like it was tacked on from another building. But it is worlds better than it's neighbor behind it.

In fact these two buildings sum up my slo-mo rant pretty nicely in one picture. In one the screen is barely even noticeable, doesn't detract from the building at all and contributes some nice clean, modern lines to it. In the other it's cheap and tacky and destroys any impression that it is a "quality" building. This picture is also a great illustration of why renderings are such bullshit. I once thought that 22 Liberty would be iconic, and 50 an unimaginative afterthought. Now, in reality, it's clear that 50 is the far superior building. Which, to be honest, says a lot more about 22 than 50.

36462021680_54ab52f242_b.jpg
[/url]https://flic.kr/p/Xy2oJd

Any clue what this will be?

^^ Unsubstantiated, but I heard it is supposed to be a "captain's lookout" point, whatever that means. I assume it means an elevated area for people to get atop of and take selfies against the city-side or harbor backdrop.

The crown on this is what 22 liberty should have looked like. I wish there was a way for them to go back and reclad the crown. Its horrendous and its on the waterfront so its a visible part of the waterfront skyline. 22 Liberty is a nice building too besides this its unfortunate.

Seriously look at the difference its ridiculous.

God, I hate that damn Tidal Pool! And at low tide, what a mess, a hole in the ground with litter floating in the water and those exposed green moldy concrete blocks! To me it's such a wasted opportunity. Hoping that whatever is being built at 50 Liberty's Harbor Walk portion more than makes up for the Tidal Pool next door.

So your role here is to ask random questions without doing any research, or what.

God, I hate that damn Tidal Pool! And at low tide, what a mess, a hole in the ground with litter floating in the water and those exposed green moldy concrete blocks! To me it's such a wasted opportunity. Hoping that whatever is being built at 50 Liberty's Harbor Walk portion more than makes up for the Tidal Pool next door.

I don't have any hatred towards the tidal pool, but it's a fair critique. This could have turned out much better with even just more powerful and plentiful water flow, for example. Who knows, maybe energy costs were a concern or something..

Alternatively, I would have also been happy if they had dropped in something similar to what's on 30 St. James Ave (sorry, on mobile, no link)

JohnAKeith, do you know how sales are going in this one?
Thanks.

It was only b/c your last 2 posts were, "I don't know what's happening here but I hope that ..."

My daily reminder to myself to wait 30 seconds to post snarky comments ..

LOL, talk about a random question! Boy, that came out of no where.

Thanks for the listing, CC. Did you see the monthly HOA maintenance? $2100.

Back