50 Liberty @ Fan Pier | 50 Liberty Drive | Seaport

Truly. 24-hour-Bellman-Parking-Concierge hopefully.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay.

I don't have any good information. The developer put 7 units in our local MLS back in March; these include the 6 units on that other website. Four of the 7 are showing "expired". There are 120 units in this building so not putting the others in MLS is either a sign of strength .. or weakness.

The developer didn't even list any of the units at 22 Liberty, meaning they weren't willing to pay any buyers' brokers fees. They didn't need to offer to pay because there was more demand in supply. This time around, however, they are offering to pay a broker's fee (or, at least they were ...).

I don't know if the project is still running on schedule. If it is, then probably the developer is doing fine and doesn't want to list them in MLS until he absolutely has to.

(Condo sales in Massachusetts aren't public record until they close and there is no requirement to file any updates with the city.)

JohnAKeith, do you know how sales are going in this one?
Thanks.

The HOA fees also pay for the maintenance of whatever greenspace will be in front of it. At those prices, it's understandable to see how folks could have more than a passing interest in keeping the area nice and clean.

Thanks John,

A broker friend told me they were 95% sold out, so I guess she is right!

Any idea how Pier 4 sales are going? I was told they have released half and they are all under agreement already.

The HOA fees also pay for the maintenance of whatever greenspace will be in front of it. At those prices, it's understandable to see how folks could have more than a passing interest in keeping the area nice and clean.

There isn't (or won't be) a whole lot of green space though. 1/4 acre at most I'd day.

some years from now, the Seaport units will be finally all be sold....

and Boston can get back to finishing off a few of its badass highrise parcels.

If anyone is keeping track, the number of condos in the Seaport District is very low and will continue to be low compared to the number of apartments that have been, are, and will be built.

Under construction

M Street: 448
Pier 4: 106
Zero Farnsworth: 9
50 Liberty: 120

Existing (incl. Fort Point Channel)

22 Liberty: 118
437 D Street: 41
Fort Point Place: 117
Channel Center: 120
FP3: 101
Dockside Place: 88
249 A Street: 35 (co-op)
300 Summer: 47 (co-op)
Mondo Condo: 9
319 A: 48

Proposed

Whiskey Priest / Atlantic Beer Garden: 150

At full build-out

Total: 1,557 condominiums

For apartments, it's roughly 2,836 units completed, 300 under construction (M parcels), and 582 proposed (Massport Parcel K; Waterside Place B), for a total of 3,718 units.

Another 414 apartments units that were proposed were canceled at 399 Congress Street (sausage parcel), which will now be hotel rooms, instead.

Together, 5,275 housing units in what was supposed to be a complete "neighborhood"; approximately 30% condos for sale, 70% apartments for rent.

Another 414 apartments units that were proposed were canceled at 399 Congress Street (sausage parcel), which will now be hotel rooms, instead.

John, I think you have that backwards. As far as I know 399 Congress started out as a hotel and is now apartments.

If anyone is keeping track, the number of condos in the Seaport District is very low and will continue to be low compared to the number of apartments that have been, are, and will be built.

Under construction

M Street: 448
Pier 4: 106
Zero Farnsworth: 9
50 Liberty: 120

Existing (incl. Fort Point Channel)

22 Liberty: 118
437 D Street: 41
Fort Point Place: 117
Channel Center: 120
FP3: 101
Dockside Place: 88
249 A Street: 35 (co-op)
300 Summer: 47 (co-op)
Mondo Condo: 9
319 A: 48

Proposed

Whiskey Priest / Atlantic Beer Garden: 150

At full build-out

Total: 1,557 condominiums

For apartments, it's roughly 2,836 units completed, 300 under construction (M parcels), and 582 proposed (Massport Parcel K; Waterside Place B), for a total of 3,718 units.

Together, 5,275 housing units in what was supposed to be a complete "neighborhood"; approximately 30% condos for sale, 70% apartments for rent.

And there will be a couple thousand more units, apartments or condos, when WS finish up the rest of Seaport Square.

This 'thing' at the end of Fan Pier is much larger than I expected. Looks to be some sort of raised steps at the corner.

FvhDvuRl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VlCgtys.jpg

VlCgtysl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FvhDvuR.jpg

John, are you saying 300 apts + 448 condos on the M parcels?

Holy Shitte.

Cottonwood Management took the wraps off its new “Echelon” brand scheme – and chef Ming Tsai mixed custom cocktails for the occasion – at the site of a 1.3-million-square-foot residential and retail project that recently began construction in Boston’s Seaport District.

A ceremonial groundbreaking was held Tuesday at the 3.5-acre site at Seaport Boulevard and B Street. Three towers – two containing a combined 448 condominiums and a 285-unit rental building – will rise above a 125,000-square-foot retail podium. The $900 million project will be the Seaport District’s second-largest residential property after the 832-unit Benjamin and Via apartment towers, currently nearing completion on Seaport Boulevard.

https://www.bankerandtradesman.com/2017/06/seaports-biggest-residential-complex-unveils-brand/

This reminds me of a short version of Toronto where all the buildings have the same glass and look the same.

Back