50 Post Office Sq (Fomer Verizon Building Tower)

Re: Verizon Building Tower

As you know, Verizon last year sold 185 Franklin Street and is leasing back space from the new owner, the 185 Franklin Street, LLC. I am writing to inform you that Verizon is making a long-term commitment to maintain our presence in the facility. Later today, the owner will formally announce a 10-year agreement with Verizon Corporation which will solidify Verizon as the anchor tenant at this site over the next decade.
In terms of what this means for you, most of the employees currently located at Franklin Street will continue to work at the facility.

Verizon Services Operations (VSO) Real Estate continues to work with local department move coordinators on those relocation plans. I want you to know what you can expect:

* As part of the planning process, the move team is actively working to minimize disruptions to employees.

* Employees will occupy floors 3 through 7 once the moves are complete.

* The moves will take approximately 1 year to complete.
This is part of an effort by VSO Real Estate to support the requirements of Verizon?s functional departments, the company?s overall business imperative to increase profitability and margins, and to create a working environment that is good for employees, good for Verizon and benefits our customers.

You have my commitment that our planning team will do its best to keep you informed. If there are additional concerns, please contact your move coordinator or local management so they can work with your VSO RE Planning Manager
VSO Real Estate

Sell high, lease-low....someone just earned themselves an "atta-boy"

So why strip out the mural if Verizon will continue to occupy it?

I know it stinks but they do want other companies to occupy 7-18 which is a big part of the building and ya gotta stay neutral it seems these days....

I am just happy to stay in an area that is close to the downtown / public transportation / fanuiel hall / the harbor / the greenway. ETC

The backside in question:

img2215.jpg

yeah what a disaster. why would they build a solid concrete backing like that.
ridiculous ! !

^^ Hey GMACK I walked by 185 the other day and saw they took out the WWI & II memorials. Any idea what they did/will do with them?

yeah what a disaster. why would they build a solid concrete backing like that.
ridiculous ! !
Just to be fair, blank walls on telephone buildings (the addition to the one in Bowdoin Sq. also has blank windows) was because the switching mechanisms contained therein required no windows and a great degree of security. It was never designed to be an "office" building, but a bee-hive of operators routing calls from place to place.

^^ Hey GMACK I walked by 185 the other day and saw they took out the WWI & II memorials. Any idea what they did/will do with them?

yeah they even gutted the Pay Phones from the lobby. Crazy.

I assume all of the memorials, the mural and the phone museum are in storage @ bodowin square.

There hasn't been any talk of it being in the building.

Also the Cafeteria is now closed and locked up. I assume it is to be trashed and gutted for the new tenants as well.

And lastly they are to totally demo the 3rd floor for our group. About 70 reps and then another 70 reps from the 6th floor are all to go to the third floor by Sept of next year.

Why are they moving people from the 6th to the 3rd if they are leasing both floors? Must be some sort of method to their madness.

yeah sorry the reps on 6 do esentially what we do.
But for other parts of the country. It only makes sense to merge our centers and put on one floor. In the past we were unable to fit everyone on one floor. Too many logistics.

With the new space apparently they are gutting it to the studs and starting from scratch which will be nice. no utility closets, no storage closets, no wire rooms.

It's a shame Shepard Fairey is banned from Boston, that would be a great place for a giant "OBEY" sign.

Maybe Bansky?
banskyratupdate.jpg

Has Banksy ever done any work here?

I would be shocked but delighted if so.

Why is Sheppard Fairey banned from Boston? His ICA exhibit was there for a long time...

It's a shame Shepard Fairey is banned from Boston, that would be a great place for a giant "OBEY" sign.

Ugh. That thing is becoming the McDonald's of street art.
A Bansky could be cool though.

Better yet, some local kid from Ft Point. The developers can tell them, "It's your canvas and just send us the bills for supplies."

Why is Sheppard Fairey banned from Boston? His ICA exhibit was there for a long time...

He got arrested when he tried to show up for the exhibit. Great marketing.

Ugh. That thing is becoming the McDonald's of street art.

Starbucks more like it. I just picked it cuz most people who aren't into street art would know it.

^^ I almost went with Starbucks. Don't know why I chose McD's.

Fairey's Lansdowne St. arrest was a total act. His work is all over Harvard Square, practically framed. I bet there are permits for it, etc. Starbucks indeed.

Back