7INK (née Ollie) | 217 Albany St | South End

This facade has a brutalist feel to it but new school with the exposed stilts at the bottom, the concrete looking boxes around the windows, and the large blank mech screen, I like it.

v1_inkblock_night_18_1005web.jpg

Windows
1050415-berg-brutalist-tease_dgrqrb

images

Stilts
brutalist-architecture-thumbnail.jpg

national-theatre-from-the-northeast-photo-by-philip-vile.jpg

Huge mech screen
p025l9lc.jpg

Not saying it IS a brutalist building, I just see some influences imo.

Last edited:
This facade has a brutalist feel to it but new school with the exposed stilts at the bottom, the concrete looking boxes around the windows, and the large blank mech screen, I like it.

v1_inkblock_night_18_1005web.jpg
Are they really going to put that billboard back up right next to the building? How incredibly tacky!

lmao @ all those people walking along Albany or frontage road or whatever that thing calls itself
I was laughing to, but then checked street view. It's not as much of a no-mans-land as I thought.
alb.PNG

Maybe a different clientele than suited businessmen though...

The crowds from the view looking east are hilarious though.

no idea how ND doesn't get cleaned out with a co-living deal post COVID, but then again, it doesn't matter Alperin already made his money on this one through 2 recaps...

I'm sure it will be popular with recent graduates, who lived and will continue to live in dorms.

It's remarkable how small and crappy the first building with the whole foods looks in comparison to these others.

It's remarkable how small and crappy the first building with the whole foods looks in comparison to these others.

Agreed. Seems like a missed opportunity. Decent street-level experience though.

I also hate the huge parking lot in front of the grocery store. Couldn't they have put that underground and added some more housing?

Agreed. Seems like a missed opportunity. Decent street-level experience though.

I also hate the huge parking lot in front of the grocery store. Couldn't they have put that underground and added some more housing?
The weird structure of 1 and 2 INK is because National Development reused the foundation of the old Herald building (they cheaped out on the start of the site). So that restricted the size of the buildings and created a lot of the layout artifacts.

Back