ACKS | Alexander Center Kendall Sq. | 50 Binney | E Cambridge

Beeline, thanks for your great pics on so many projects.

This girl is turning out to be one fun, funky girl!

Beeline, thanks for your great pics on so many projects.

This girl is turning out to be one fun, funky girl!

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated!

If you want funky wait until 100 Binney gets all dressed up.

I forgot all about this project. What a beast. It seems to be made of high quality materials or is it just my untrained eye that thinks the glazing on the windows looks good.

I forgot all about this project. What a beast. It seems to be made of high quality materials or is it just my untrained eye that thinks the glazing on the windows looks good.

Each individual material looks good on its own. Together though ... you are right. Beast! And not in a "I am a beast on the football field" kind of beast ... more like a Japanese Monster movie type Beast.

cca

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated!

If you want funky wait until 100 Binney gets all dressed up.

Beeline -- what was once the fringe area of Kendall is becoming a major extension

That complex is HUUGE!

The awkward transition and jumble of material, building of the year award winner.

The awkward transition and jumble of material, building of the year award winner.

We have all this excess cladding material from four different projects over the past year or so. What do we do with it?

Slap it all on 50 Binney Street. They'll never notice.

I find this 'hot mess' and 'jumble of material' a refreshing change from the standard traditional architecture that we're used to getting in Boston and glad this new fun, sorta crazy architectural style has sprouted in different parts of the city. It's certainly far from boring, actually, the jumble of materials probably attracts attention. I would imagine that pedestrians who normally don't notice buildings they walk by will likely pause and notice how different this building is...whether for the good or not so good different. But they will notice, which is a good thing.

I find this 'hot mess' and 'jumble of material' a refreshing change from the standard traditional architecture that we're used to getting in Boston and glad this new fun, sorta crazy architectural style has sprouted in different parts of the city. It's certainly far from boring, actually, the jumble of materials probably attracts attention. I would imagine that pedestrians who normally don't notice buildings they walk by will likely pause and notice how different this building is...whether for the good or not so good different. But they will notice, which is a good thing.

Well said!

All of this could be said about Boston City Hall and Government Center Plaza, and look how that worked out. We have been trying for decades to figure out how to "fix it".

I suspect that this mixture will not age well. But that's just my opinion.

Isn't this about 50/50 Genzym and Blue Bird Bio? Not sure about retail tenants which may be what you are asking about.

I was curious about both but very interesting if that is true, I didn't realize Genzyme was expanding again, this would be their 4th? location in the area.

I was curious about both but very interesting if that is true, I didn't realize Genzyme was expanding again, this would be their 4th? location in the area.

Genzyme is relocating their office HQ from 500 Kendall (just announced Shire will be leasing all of that building) to 50 Binney. They will then be Sanofi however. No more Genzyme.

BBB is taking all of 60 Binney including ground level. There might still be a retail spot or two in both I don't know about.

Back