Aerials

Love the last photo (the 9th one) and the 5th one as well. Both are dark, bright and surreal.

KentXie, that last one is great. Did you use a filter on it?

KentXie, that last one is great. Did you use a filter on it?

No filter. I think I just got lucky at the angle so that the sun is still low in the sky and casting shadows in the direction directly back at me. I believe this is taken around 7:15 am.

The cool thing is that you can see exactly how much shadow the Millennium Tower is casting on the Common in picture 5. I'm assuming 115 Winthrop is going to cast just about as much to the right of it.

Those are some great pictures. I noticed them on flickr a couple weeks ago, as I regularly search by upload date for terms such as "Boston aerial" and "Boston skyline." It's a shame about all the glare, although as was pointed out, it added to the epicness of a couple of the pics.

Did you manage to capture any aerials of Seattle?

Those are some great pictures. I noticed them on flickr a couple weeks ago, as I regularly search by upload date for terms such as "Boston aerial" and "Boston skyline." It's a shame about all the glare, although as was pointed out, it added to the epicness of a couple of the pics.

Did you manage to capture any aerials of Seattle?

Yup. Didn't get the chance to swap out my regular lens with my zoom lens though as I was unfamiliar with the flight path the plane would take entering Sea-Tac.

DSC02134 by Kent Xie, on Flickr

DSC02135 by Kent Xie, on Flickr

DSC02136 by Kent Xie, on Flickr

DSC02137 by Kent Xie, on Flickr

DSC02138 by Kent Xie, on Flickr

DSC02139 by Kent Xie, on Flickr

DSC02140 by Kent Xie, on Flickr

DSC02141 by Kent Xie, on Flickr

Bonus shots of Honolulu:

DSC02685 by Kent Xie, on Flickr

DSC02687 by Kent Xie, on Flickr

DSC02688 by Kent Xie, on Flickr

Actually, I like the last ones the best, even if they show less buildings.

Found this on Reddit which shows the new north side lighting

5cq52yb3kawy.jpg

deserves an encore i think.

Wow. It looks like the West End and the Back Bay have been smushed together becuase you can't see the river.

My God, just when I think that all the empty land is taken up in the Sea Port, I see these new aerials! I swear over half the land in the area is still vacant land and parking lots.

The more I see the Seaport being built out the more I think that they should have looked at a Red Line extension/relocation as a more serious option. The Silver Line is great for now but you could have just had a transit center in the heart of the Seaport instead. It doesn't really matter, it's better than nothing. But long term...

Back