Allston-Brighton Infill and Small Developments

What will be proposed:

fenway_center.jpg

What we'll end up with:

205632_modelcharlesviewredevelopment_630x418.jpg

A friend posted this on FB she does not know who in her family took it.
19771_1256819792402_1586831340_6310.jpg

I think that is where the Genzyme plant now is.

I thought so too,but its where the hotel sits across the street from Genzyme,anyone know when the hotel was constructed? that will tell us how long this site sat vacant I'll repost the pix seeing its now on the last page. 1977
19771_1256819792402_1586831340_6310.jpg

Isn't that the site of the Doubletree hotel? Cambridge street in the foreground. Masspike A-B off ramp on to Cambridge St westbound....right?

And isn't that the late lamented Coca-Cola sign, which was supposed to be re-erected, but somehow got 'lost' by a contractor?

New Balance's current headquarters and Guest St. environs:

img9568a.jpg

img9567u.jpg

img9032e.jpg

img8159q.jpg

img9688m.jpg

newbalance1.jpg

This does not exactly inspire confidence in their ability to extend the site. It makes Kendall Square look like the North End by comparison.

And WTF is with that redundant, stylized nouveau stop sign?

This does not exactly inspire confidence in their ability to extend the site.

Hence my pessimistic prediction on the previous page.

And WTF is with that redundant, stylized nouveau stop sign?

Either the new WGBH headquarters is pulling the area's design sensibilities up with it, or it's there to make the hipster Newbury Comics employees forget how un-hip their work environment is.

It's actually the most corporate looking stop sign I've ever seen - like a stop sign embedded in a Windows dialog box. I doubt any hipster could love it. And, again, it totally reduplicates the stop sign right next to it! Ridiculous!

They 'lost' most of Penn Station in the Jersey Meadows.

Come to think of it, they also lost Jimmy Hoffa thereabouts.

Didn't they recently lose much of the Pepperpot Bridge metalwork in a scrapyard?

Those guys! They don't know how to keep track of anything.

Losing things.

I forget, what was the story about the guy (Amoriello or Kariotosis) who was found to have taken something from the Central Artery to put in his own home?

The Kells is klosing. Get ready for another formulaic episode of Tavern on the Square.

Back