Allston-Brighton Infill and Small Developments

I don't fault Urban Outfitters for reselling hipster fashion. It's good business, and their inventory is pretty unique.

No doubt, I was just poking fun. I've actually found some pretty cool stuff in there and I'll usually check 'em out whenever I'm near one.

What is the William F. Connell Pavilion? Some sort of athletic facility?

Haha, never been out to Brighton, Ron?

It's the new wing to St. Elizabeth's.

Nope, I have to admit that I'm almost never in Brighton (as opposed to Allston)

You see a lot of yellow brick buildings like that in Detroit. Well the buildings still left standing. It fits well into the whole apocolyptic scene out there.

That addition to the hospital is not much better than the original building, which is totally some UFO which crash landed out there.

There is something extremely bizarre about the Commonwealth Avenue side of the hospital complex. It looks like an abandoned insane asylum or a prison yard -- it doesn't help that the employee area is surrounded in barbed wire. At least the new addition on Cambridge is somewhat inviting.

^ Where exactly does the hospital touch Comm Ave? I know there are offices (some medical) on the section with the steep rise and the Fidelis apartments on top of the hill. Are those scrappy office buildings part of the hospital?

Ron: you're not missing out on much. It's a pleasant area, but trying to find good food is nigh impossible, and everything is shut down by 11.

Esperia is the ONLY reason why I said almost zero good food out here.

Hell, I'm 90% sure I'll be having their half-chicken dinner tonight!

was in Cleveland Circle yesterday. A bunch of new streetlights were lying around. Looks like those ugly round light balls are going soon!

Awesome. FYI I put up a series of pics on Cleveland Circle and the Resevoir here

4498316793_fa80f9c509_b.jpg

I'm torn on what to think about those relatively new "Waterworks Park" residences and their ilk on Beacon Street (one of the new developments is pictured above). On the one hand I like them aesthetically, but on the other hand this could have been an opportunity to build some denser high-rise luxury condos overlooking water, Miami style.

In the photo, why is the window at far right bricked up?

It's pumping station, possibly no longer used.

On the one hand I like them aesthetically, but on the other hand this could have been an opportunity to build some denser high-rise luxury condos overlooking water, Miami style.

That's a pipe dream in Chestnut Hill. Heck, BC has been trying to develop a laughably suburban expansion to their campus at the Archdioscese land and the neighbor's have opposed that at every turn as being too dense and consuming too much open space.

There is something going on at the Harvard lab site. It is either a crane mast on its side, maybe to be hoisted up, or one of those long cement hose things.

I saw that crane also but forgot to take a pix,I think I was at Stop and Shop on Guest st

Back