Allston-Brighton Infill and Small Developments

Let's knock something nice down and replace it with a cheap knock off!

Honestly I'd rather they just built a 12 story tower here if they have to knock the original building down. The new height doesn't do much to the new design. If there is any where you could pull off some towers in Allston it's here.

Be a real shame to lose this building for what they have proposed. If it has to go, it better be replaced by an 18 story version of the Fleet Bank Building in Providence.

Last edited:
Is the gray the actual proposed color, though? It kind of looks like it's just a placeholder, and I hope so.

The renderings of all the buildings were fairly gray (I should have taken pictures, there are 5 other buildings being proposed), so either they like gray as a pallet or its a placeholder.

One more picture found on twitter from the same presentation, this time of the building that is mainly on Braintree and Franklin. The website on the card (https://www.allston-square.com/) is pretty bare, but does ask for community feedback!

DOxVMJHWkAEZYWi.jpg:large

BLDUP has some new photos on their website and FLICKR of the Allston Square development. This is the highway overpass/Regina Pizza area of Cambridge St. Looks bigger than I thought:

• 353 units (apts/condos) split between 6 different buildings (but it looks like it's really 5)
  • 189 parking spaces
  • about 25,000 square feet of retail
  • Two phases
  • Developer is City Real Estate Dev Corp

The first render of 334 Cambridge St looks like a full rebuild in the likeness of the current building that is there now. Window placement is close but doesn't match.

L6BMPIb.png

hlZH2mG.png

Have we covered / do we have a thread for this? I get confused on all this in-the-neighborhood-of-Boston-Landing stuff

Herald: Apartments, Condos Proposed for New Boston Landing Area

Donna Goodinson said:
Boston real estate investment firm and landlord Mount Vernon Co. is seeking city permitting for a five-story, 74-unit apartment building in Boston’s Allston-Brighton neighborhood and a separate four-story building with nine condos across the street.

The apartments at North Beacon and Everett streets would be middle-market-priced units, according to Mount Vernon founder and Chairman Bruce Percelay. The condos on Sinclair Road likely would run for $600 to $700 per square foot, which would put them “dramatically below pricing outside the Allston market,” Percelay said.

The project sites currently are occupied by a vacant two-family home formerly used as a rooming house and a 2.5-story, four-family home. Both would be demolished, according to the letter of intent that Mount Vernon submitted to the Boston Planning & Development Agency.

[...]

010818NBeaconSt.jpg

Back