Allston-Brighton Infill and Small Developments

Cortes

Reaction score
Cleveland Circle Hotel, Two years old, still has the new car smell.
The condition of the road as pictured in #4 is really bad. I havent been to Cleveland Circle since my first kiss...the roads have apparently not seen much improvement since then. I can't imagine that section of track does the trolleys any favors either. In my dreams I see a total redo of the green line here, somehow turning "Resevoir" into into a pretty incredible hub, but I do believe there's a thread for that. Lots of time to think these days, noting parts of my childhood now gone... I do like the building though, although I would of gone for 250 feet...

shmessy

Reaction score
The condition of the road as pictured in #4 is really bad. I havent been to Cleveland Circle since my first kiss...the roads have apparently not seen much improvement since then. I can't imagine that section of track does the trolleys any favors either. In my dreams I see a total redo of the green line here, somehow turning "Resevoir" into into a pretty incredible hub, but I do believe there's a thread for that. Lots of time to think these days, noting parts of my childhood now gone... I do like the building though, although I would of gone for 250 feet...
For such a great location with BC close by and a very well-off local citizenry, the road conditions in Cleveland Circle are surprisingly like downtown Fallujah. It is shameful.

Java King

Reaction score
I seem to remember a plan to totally renovate the Cleveland Circle intersection about 10 or 20 years ago. I think we were living in Newton, and that was 14 years ago! Anyway, it has such potential to be a major transportation hub between the 3 Greenline Branches, plus make the street traffic mess into a beautiful roundabout or rotary with some green space. FLine or someone else, how much does the T use the street tracks on Chestnut Hill Avenue to transfer equipment?

BronsonShore

Reaction score
I seem to remember a plan to totally renovate the Cleveland Circle intersection about 10 or 20 years ago. I think we were living in Newton, and that was 14 years ago! Anyway, it has such potential to be a major transportation hub between the 3 Greenline Branches, plus make the street traffic mess into a beautiful roundabout or rotary with some green space. FLine or someone else, how much does the T use the street tracks on Chestnut Hill Avenue to transfer equipment?
You're kidding with the bolded, right? The last thing we need at a busy commercial square with multiple transit connections is a something designed to prioritize cars and destroy the pedestrian experience.

Blackbird

Reaction score
You're kidding with the bolded, right? The last thing we need at a busy commercial square with multiple transit connections is a something designed to prioritize cars and destroy the pedestrian experience.
I don’t think having a rotary at Cleveland Circle would prioritize cars or destroy the pedestrian experience. I’d be hard to make things worse than they already are on those two fronts.

sm89

Reaction score
I tried really hard to find the concept drawings, but I don't know where to find them online. I remember them showing closing off the Sutherland Rd loop portion as well as relocating the entrance/exit to the parking lot for the park. The Chestnut Hill Ave NB trolley track veering East following the former "true" rotary circulation really limited the options. If I remember correctly, it mostly showed reducing the footprint of the intersection (eliminating unneeded lanes, widening sidewalks, removing parking within the circle) and not so much a big change to traffic controls. Reducing pedestrian crossing distances would allow the intersection's signal phases to be tighter, increasing efficiency and safety.

BeeLine

Staff member
Reaction score

BeeLine

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

BeeLine

Staff member
Reaction score

BeeLine

Staff member
Reaction score

BeeLine

Staff member
Reaction score
LOI submitted by Samuels for a 270 unit residential project at 180 Western Ave.

Article on UHub