Allston-Brighton Infill and Small Developments

Cleveland Circle Hotel, Two years old, still has the new car smell.

Attachments

• IMG_8122.JPG
    IMG_8122.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 268
  • IMG_8124.JPG
    IMG_8124.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 276
  • IMG_8131.JPG
    IMG_8131.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 290
  • IMG_8133.JPG
    IMG_8133.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 296
  • IMG_8134.JPG
    IMG_8134.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 297
Cleveland Circle Hotel, Two years old, still has the new car smell.
The condition of the road as pictured in #4 is really bad. I havent been to Cleveland Circle since my first kiss...the roads have apparently not seen much improvement since then. I can't imagine that section of track does the trolleys any favors either. In my dreams I see a total redo of the green line here, somehow turning "Resevoir" into into a pretty incredible hub, but I do believe there's a thread for that. Lots of time to think these days, noting parts of my childhood now gone... I do like the building though, although I would of gone for 250 feet...

The condition of the road as pictured in #4 is really bad. I havent been to Cleveland Circle since my first kiss...the roads have apparently not seen much improvement since then. I can't imagine that section of track does the trolleys any favors either. In my dreams I see a total redo of the green line here, somehow turning "Resevoir" into into a pretty incredible hub, but I do believe there's a thread for that. Lots of time to think these days, noting parts of my childhood now gone... I do like the building though, although I would of gone for 250 feet...

For such a great location with BC close by and a very well-off local citizenry, the road conditions in Cleveland Circle are surprisingly like downtown Fallujah. It is shameful.

I seem to remember a plan to totally renovate the Cleveland Circle intersection about 10 or 20 years ago. I think we were living in Newton, and that was 14 years ago! Anyway, it has such potential to be a major transportation hub between the 3 Greenline Branches, plus make the street traffic mess into a beautiful roundabout or rotary with some green space. FLine or someone else, how much does the T use the street tracks on Chestnut Hill Avenue to transfer equipment?

I seem to remember a plan to totally renovate the Cleveland Circle intersection about 10 or 20 years ago. I think we were living in Newton, and that was 14 years ago! Anyway, it has such potential to be a major transportation hub between the 3 Greenline Branches, plus make the street traffic mess into a beautiful roundabout or rotary with some green space. FLine or someone else, how much does the T use the street tracks on Chestnut Hill Avenue to transfer equipment?

You're kidding with the bolded, right? The last thing we need at a busy commercial square with multiple transit connections is a something designed to prioritize cars and destroy the pedestrian experience.

You're kidding with the bolded, right? The last thing we need at a busy commercial square with multiple transit connections is a something designed to prioritize cars and destroy the pedestrian experience.

I don’t think having a rotary at Cleveland Circle would prioritize cars or destroy the pedestrian experience. I’d be hard to make things worse than they already are on those two fronts.

I tried really hard to find the concept drawings, but I don't know where to find them online. I remember them showing closing off the Sutherland Rd loop portion as well as relocating the entrance/exit to the parking lot for the park. The Chestnut Hill Ave NB trolley track veering East following the former "true" rotary circulation really limited the options. If I remember correctly, it mostly showed reducing the footprint of the intersection (eliminating unneeded lanes, widening sidewalks, removing parking within the circle) and not so much a big change to traffic controls. Reducing pedestrian crossing distances would allow the intersection's signal phases to be tighter, increasing efficiency and safety.

Last edited:
LOI submitted by Samuels for a 270 unit residential project at 180 Western Ave.

Article on UHub

Back