Allston-Brighton Infill and Small Developments

Saw this proposal for 525 Lincoln Street (Lincoln at Cambridge Street) on Universal Hub a few weeks ago, was waiting for it to show up here. It would be nice to see something happen with this area, although I'm not sure how I feel about this proposal yet.

My partner lived in a brownstone one block away on Cambridge street for a year. It was such a bleak area due to the traffic/road.
Hopefully the city will invest more in the corridor, right now it's a raceway between the river and the pike overpass.

525-Lincoln-Updated-Rendering.png

Last edited:
Saw this proposal for 525 Lincoln Street (Lincoln at Cambridge Street) on Universal Hub a few weeks ago, was waiting for it to show up here. It would be nice to see something happen with this area, although I'm not sure how I feel about this proposal yet.

My partner lived in a brownstone one block away on Cambridge street for a year. It was such a bleak area due to the traffic/road.
Hopefully the city will invest more in the corridor, right now it's a raceway between the river and the pike overpass.

View attachment 7815

The developers (ArxUrban) for this project are really great. As someone who has tracked/participated in many Article 80 projects in Allston/Brighton over the past few years, I'll say these guys really worked to engage with community members in a positive way. Moreso than pretty much any other developer I've seen. And as a result this project ended up getting a lot of local people on board that otherwise oppose pretty much all new development.

I'm super excited to have this infill on what is now an empty lot.

Saw this proposal for 525 Lincoln Street (Lincoln at Cambridge Street) on Universal Hub a few weeks ago, was waiting for it to show up here.

It has:

View attachment 7925CVS on comm is moving to harvard ave.

Looks like they are moving to the former Bfresh location which before that was a Staples (which I worked at back in the day). Hopefully that means this lot will be developed since its a decent size and seems very suburban for Comm Ave. The 214 Harvard Ave location does still have parking, but much less and at least tucks it in the back.

Looks like they are moving to the former Bfresh location which before that was a Staples (which I worked at back in the day). Hopefully that means this lot will be developed since its a decent size and seems very suburban for Comm Ave. The 214 Harvard Ave location does still have parking, but much less and at least tucks it in the back.

I agree, every time I walked by that lot on Comm Ave I thought it was begging for a redevelopment. Such a huge surface parking lot in a transit-rich location.

This is Leo Birmingham Parkway, right? Is this the 50-some odd condo project?
Yes there’s two projects happening on that stretch one at the old Stuart glass company and the other at the old Lincoln cafe

119 Braintree St. A 401,000-square-foot office and lab building, along with 97 mixed-income apartments,

We've got a thread going!

Back