archBoston Presidential Poll 2012

For whom will you be voting on Tuesday?

• Total voters
This thread topic is about "archBoston Presidential Poll 2012 " You can't control bloggers ideas, written comments on rants or whatever whacked out shit they write.

Doesn't the site have a block user function? Block out the specific person in which you don't want to read his or her comments. Its that simple.

I don't even use the blocking feature, I already know which bloggers to read and just completely disregard the other rants.

This isn't a blog, it's a forum. As such, its conducive to have all members working towards the goal of a cohesive conversation. We have moderators, who's explicit purpose is to control conversation. Once again, that's why there are TOPICS. Until this thread got derailed into this specific off topic conversation, it was within the realm of the election. The election is a national political event, and since it is now over this topic became the defacto place to discuss national political issues.

Justin was simply expressing his wish that such conversations remain here, where it is at least topical, versus say the Seaport Developments thread. It's a reasonable request, and one that appears to be shared by most members.

Not everyone wants to spend every waking moment talking about, reading about, and discussing politics. Its frustrating, and on an architecture forum, its downright rude. I love volkswagens, but I go to vwvortex.com to talk about them.

And I will agree with Statler - even the members I disagree with vehemently have posted some interesting points. Even Mark, whatever rock he crawled back under, at least gave the perspective from the other side of most arguments, which was conducive to the conversation. Blocking is the equivalent to "lalalala I can't hear you", I won't do it either. But posting off topic rants is detrimental to a cohesive conversation.

To that point, I'm going to stop this argument as it is derailing this thread, and I'm sure everyone has things they want to talk about relevant to politics, or whatever has been going on in here.

Let's just call a spade a spade: Most people here don't like to read conservative think-speak.

I gave up on trying to reason with the majority a long time ago. The only thing that will change most people's insular ideology is personal struggle.

And there are approximately 700-1000 trillion websites devoted to discussing those issues.

I'm still not sure why you so firmly believe a forum focused on the architecture of a mid-sized city is the best possible platform available to you.

Oh, now you've started some sh*t

Let's just call a spade a spade: Most people here don't like to read conservative think-speak.

I gave up on trying to reason with the majority a long time ago. The only thing that will change most people's insular ideology is personal struggle.

We only change through conflict, actually. There is no growth without struggle.

That's a symptom of human nature - it's not unique to conservatives, liberals, Republicans, Democrats, radicals or moderates or anyone else. It's not limited to flawed ideologies (hint: all ideologies are flawed - the perfect answer doesn't exist), or even to opinions in general. And people don't like to change - change is hard. Change is often painful. Hell, look at me! I keep saying I'm done with politics and yet I keep coming back to it, one way or the other.

The point, though, is simple. Humanity is insular by nature - and with the 24/7 news cycle and other modern technological conveniences, it's never been easier to insulate yourself. We can't argue or debate on the basis of a set of facts - because we are, even now, arguing from multiple completely different - sometimes even contradictory - sets of facts, posting about politics from wholly disconnected universes: our own, private, personal realities.

It's a damn shame, too. Forget about the latest political crisis du jour - the real crisis is that Moynihan was wrong. In today's society, you are entitled to your own facts.

I liked this thread a lot better when I wasn't taking it seriously and it wasn't making me depressed.

Been a few days since I've checked in on this thread...did I miss anything?

Seeing as how that paper has nothing to do about it not being his fault...

tumblr_lz47ixIgZa1rokxsko1_500.gif

Senator does something every senator does, media overreacts. Film at 11.

If everyone did it, the Globe wouldn't be writing a story about it.

Flawless logic. And I love the irony of right wingers embrassing the Globe. Communist rag to beacon of truth in a heartbeat!!!

Flawless logic. And I love the irony of right wingers embrassing the Globe. Communist rag to beacon of truth in a heartbeat!!!

For the Globe to speak of libs in anything other than glowing terms, that lib has to royally fuck up. Democrats get away with murder at that paper. I mean, how many times did they endorse Teddy Kennedy?

For the Globe to speak of libs in anything other than glowing terms, that lib has to royally fuck up.

Kmp pretty much sums it up.

Isn't it ironic that, amid this lengthy debt debate, this 14.5 million dollar millionaire who, by the way, doesn't elect to pay the higher rate on her Mass tax return and lives in a 5 million dollar home, is asking for a bailout?

Let's not forget this gem: "Warren who has decried the evil practice of purchasing foreclosed properties and displacing helpless families personally engaged in this practice—purchasing at least 12 foreclosed properties and “flipping” them for enormous profits at the expense of those less fortunate."

Do as I say, not as I do.

I'm Senator Liawatha, but you, pale face, you pay wampum to big chief Smokey Big Ears or lien go on your teepee.

Me beautiful sachem, I do whatever I want. No pale face rules for me.

And there are approximately 700-1000 trillion websites devoted to discussing those issues.

I'm still not sure why you so firmly believe a forum focused on the architecture of a mid-sized city is the best possible platform available to you.

Because ARCHITECTURE SUCKS!!!!

Because ARCHITECTURE SUCKS!!!!

The only reason Architecture Sucks in Boston is because of TAX BREAKS to the developers. NO SKIN in the game. All the developers are looking to do is quick flips, fast cash deals. This adds no value to the city of Boston with this type of mentality.
This type of mentality brings out 3 points
**The Taxpayers get screwed
**Architecture Sucks
**The city skyline & buildings look decrypted & cheap.

Boston is a great city because of its history and the non-profit schools especially MIT & HARVARD and Hospitals. I have to add that the Transit grid was good core for a while. It really needs a massive upgrade at this point.

The city has changed over the last ten- twenty years from the emerging working class city to a corporate political cosmpolitan whos who. It’s amazing how much OBAMA continues to support Massachusetts they do not want to lose control of this state because of Cambridge/Boston. Cambridge might be the innovative area in the country at this point. Kendall Square looks like an advanced society on its own.

Back