archBoston Presidential Poll 2012

For whom will you be voting on Tuesday?

• Total voters
Jesus, Rifleman, did we read completely different articles? Should I be reading WAY between the lines or something? I don't get you or your paranoid views.

....With the end of the Cold War it was no longer necessary to keep Germany's gold reserves "as far to the west and as far from the Iron Curtain as possible"........The Bundesbank gained more space in its vaults after the transition to the euro from the deutschmark.........."This is above all a historical anomaly which is now being corrected,"
Germany has just lost faith in the United States Federal Govt to do the right thing.

Fire, aim, ready!

Nixon generally polled well until people realized what a lying sack of shit he was.

Gallup has him at 49% but these polls are, for the most part, meaningless.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/Presidential-Approval-Center.aspx

61% is a good round number for this president. 47% of the people are those living off of entitlements, the remaining 14% makes up the wealthy guit-ridden living on each coast.

Gallup also had Mitt Romney winning by a landslide and ended up coming in among the other dead-last pollsters. NBC was one of the most accurate.

SNL or some other show made a joke about Gallup polling too. They do their polling by phone, so the only people that a.) own a home phone and b.) answer a call from a blocked number are old people and old people tend to lean right.

Report: Mgrs. at Fannie, Freddie earned $200K
By MARCY GORDON
AP Business Writer / December 10, 2012

WASHINGTON (AP) — A government report finds median pay for nearly 2,000 senior managers at government-controlled Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac exceeded $200,000 last year.

The Federal Housing Finance Agency, which oversees the two mortgage giants, also did an inadequate job monitoring pay, according to the report released Monday from the inspector general for the FHFA.

The median figure means that half the managers received salaries above $200,000 and half received less.

Those managers represent nearly 17 percent of the roughly 11,900 total employees at the two bailed-out companies. Compensation for senior managers at the companies cost about $455 million in 2011, according to the report.

The report also says the top 333 of those managers are vice presidents who had median pay of $388,000. That’s close to salaries paid by private financial firms and exceeds pay for similar jobs at federal agencies.

Because the FHFA doesn’t closely evaluate the compensation of senior managers, it is unable ‘‘to ensure that the costs associated with senior professional compensation are warranted,’’ the report says.

The FHFA said Monday that it agreed with the inspector general’s conclusion that it should improve its oversight of senior managers’ pay. The FHFA said it plans to make a full review.

Taxpayers so far have paid roughly $170 billion to rescue Fannie and Freddie, which suffered huge losses from risky mortgages during the 2008 financial crisis.

Fannie and Freddie together own or guarantee about half of all U.S. mortgages, or nearly 31 million home loans.

Under pressure from Congress, the FHFA earlier this year capped pay for Fannie and Freddie’s CEOs at $500,000 a year. The agency also cut pay for about 50 other executives, who were earning more than the companies’ senior managers looked at in the latest report.

In December 2010, the agency imposed a freeze on merit pay increases and cost of living adjustments for all Fannie and Freddie employees in 2011. It later was extended to cover 2012.

The agency and the two companies have said that the relatively high levels of compensation are needed to attract and keep qualified employees.

‘‘There’s a lot at stake for our country and it is absolutely critical that Fannie Mae compensation is competitive in the market for financial services talent,’’ Fannie spokeswoman Kelli Parsons said in a statement Monday.

Compensation for Fannie employees has declined ‘‘substantially’’ from the levels of pay before the government takeover, Parsons said.

Brad German, a spokesman for Freddie, said ‘‘We compete every day with Wall Street for finance experts, mathematicians, engineers and other professionals.’’

Freddie uses ‘‘a rigorous compensation process’’ to offer pay that is reasonable yet competitive, German said in a statement.

http://www.boston.com/business/mark...ddie-earned/2OQyXrrhphvofREyIByTYN/story.html

Govt hacks are destroying the system.

Someone needs to tell Marcy that $200k doesn't get you what it used to. It's not 1988 anymore. Besides, after taxes, IRA contributions, etc. one would be lucky to take home half that.

Someone needs to tell Marcy that $200k doesn't get you what it used to. It's not 1988 anymore. Besides, after taxes, IRA contributions, etc. one would be lucky to take home half that.

That is correct 200K doesn't get what it used to. Too bad the majority of the private sector never even saw close to 100K.

...unbelievable, despicable view of the working class. I'm left speechless.

People like you are the reason why the Republican party is imploding onto itself. I hope you're proud of your accomplishments because I sure as hell am. If you keep repeating and supporting politicians that repeat that rhetoric, then a Republican will never win again and America and the world will be a better place because of it and for that I thank you.

People like you are the reason why the Republican party is imploding onto itself. I hope you're proud of your accomplishments because I sure as hell am. If you keep repeating and supporting politicians that repeat that rhetoric, then a Republican will never win again and America and the world will be a better place because of it and for that I thank you.

Because of your overwhelmingly blinding hatred, partisanship, and inability think critically, you mistook kmp's response as a slight of the working class. In fact, it was quite the opposite.

Your hate speech belongs on reddit, not here.

If you actually work, as in go out and do a job for forty hours a week, I respect that. I respect the effort, regardless of how small or large one's paycheck is. I just happen to respect ambition, entrepreneurship and success substantially more.

So instead we should support Democrats who create bullshit agencies give their employees 200K to bankrupt a company that will cost the taxpayers a trillion dollars. Then get lifetime pensions.

Thats success?

I'm not saying the Republicans are not assholes especially the way they treated Ron Paul at the Republican Convention was a disgrace and they showed their true colors that they supported Romney who never had a real shot against Obama. So basically the Republicans would rather see Obama win than give a real Republican a shot to beat him. Romney vs Obama was a JOKE. Ron Paul vs Obama........would have been priceless especially Ron Paul would have made him look like some commie idiot in the debates. That is the reality both parties SUCK and both of them have destroyed the Middle class.

Damn that Fauxnews for being biased!

Rubio_Menendez_Scandal_Humor-600x419.jpg

It wasn't just the water, buddy. It was the stream of shit that was coming out of Rubio's mouth. His speech was so off, so reliant on failed policies, and so forgettable that the only thing anyone remembers from it is an awkward sip of water.

It wasn't just the water, buddy. It was the stream of shit that was coming out of Rubio's mouth. His speech was so off, so reliant on failed policies, and so forgettable that the only thing anyone remembers from it is an awkward sip of water.

So it's ok to fuck under-age hookers(and short them on their wages) as long as the one doing the fucking shares the same political opinions as you?

The prostitution bit is bad enough. The corruption and illegal campaign contributions connected to the travel arrangements are even worse.

The media as usual is relatively disinterested because it makes their team look bad.

datadyne007 if you think Obama and his policies have been a success
beyond self promotion and enrichment of political allies, you have some serious issues. Your generation is, to put it lightly, getting prison fucked by the current administration and is too distracted by pointless social media bullshit to notice their collective future being pawned. You will be paying for every other generation's free ride when the bill comes due and make no mistake the bill is well on its way to the table.

Argentina is the best case study of where this country is headed with the current leadership.

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2013/02/15/argentina-stiffs-pensioners/

Argentina Stiffs Pensioners
Argentina’s pensioners are fighting the government to have their benefits adjusted for inflation, with little success so far. The government has been doing everything it can to avoid paying, and now some 450,000 individual cases are inching through an overloaded court system.
Much of the problem is due to the government’s decision to use the pension fund to pay for other populist projects, as the Economist reports:
In November Mr Bossio responded that the agency had used the “majority” of its funds to provide pensions to people who lacked them altogether, and that it could not afford to help the neediest Argentines if it paid all retroactive claims. [...]
[Kirchner] has since turned ANSES into something of a public slush fund. In the past four years the treasury has sold the agency over $10 billion of bonds at paltry interest rates. The president has used the proceeds to fund popular projects, such as low-income housing, infrastructure and transfers to poor families with children. Meanwhile, in recent years the returns on ANSES’s investment portfolio have lagged behind Argentina’s estimated inflation rate of 25% (the official rate is lower, but is widely known to be doctored).
The U.S. is no stranger to these problems, particularly as politicians try to force pension funds to “invest” in pork belly projects. Proposals now on the table to reduce the degree to which social security pensions are topped up for inflation will have the effect of transferring money from pensioners back to the government, where it will be used again for whatever purposes politicians want.
What’s needed is an actuarially sound, adequately financed, conservatively invested pension system. Anything else is a gimmick. Unfortunately, there are lots of gimmicks floating around these days.

Back