archBoston Presidential Poll 2012

For whom will you be voting on Tuesday?

• Total voters
Cyprus is the money landering capitol and piggy bank for Russian organized crime. Putin is speaking on behalf of depositors who would otherwise be reluctant to identify themselves.

P.S. The Germans originally wanted 40%, not the 10% being confiscated.
That's just a convenient excuse- it's all about setting a precedent. Bank depositors (even "insured" deposits) now are below bondholders in priority, today they say it's okay because the Russians (ignore that there are plenty of non-Russians in Cyprus- like, you know, Cypriots- they don't matter because "organized crime" ooh scary), tomorrow it'll be okay because it was okay in Cyprus.

If this goes through there by rights ought to be runs on every bank in southern Europe.

$22 might be rather excessive (and it was used more to make a point that the wage should just be higher, not necessarily $22), but is $9 really too much to ask?

Cyprus is the money landering capitol and piggy bank for Russian organized crime. Putin is speaking on behalf of depositors who would otherwise be reluctant to identify themselves.

P.S. The Germans originally wanted 40%, not the 10% being confiscated.

Then maybe the European govt should have pressed criminal charges against Cyprus executives for Laundering money instead of bailing them out.

Bottom line: It doesn't matter if your a drugdealer, doctor, scientist, farmer, arms dealer, politican.
A bank is a business to protect your personal savings. If somebody committed an illegal act to make that money thats not the bank or the Govt to decide if they should take your money. That is why we have laws in society and govt agencies to file criminal charges against individuals that commit and illegal act.

So all of the hardworking people that are should suffer? The cost of living here is simply insane.

The cost of living is based on the value of the dollar. If your dollar is worthless than the working class are facing inflation which our Govt continues to ignore Ben Bernanke from raising rates.

If Ben Raises rates the dollar becomes stronger and so does the working class dollar.

Flooding the market with dollars is devaluing the working class value which makes everything more expensive. Factor this with all the govt regulations on building is causing a massive supply & demand issue in housing.

Housing looks ready to explode again.

That was a good one. How hard can someone on minimum wage possibly be working?

I can't even... You are so clueless.

I hope that you never find yourself in a situation that millions of Americans face daily, getting laid off and having to start from ground zero to support yourself/family on a job that pays the minimum wage while you look for an alternate, but if you do, it will be quite a sobering experience. Another scenario: how about people putting themselves through college? Minimum wage jobs are everywhere and the people that work them are not just degenerates.

That's just a convenient excuse- it's all about setting a precedent. Bank depositors (even "insured" deposits) now are below bondholders in priority, today they say it's okay because the Russians (ignore that there are plenty of non-Russians in Cyprus- like, you know, Cypriots- they don't matter because "organized crime" ooh scary), tomorrow it'll be okay because it was okay in Cyprus.

If this goes through there by rights ought to be runs on every bank in southern Europe.

I'm not "excusing" anything (as if anybody cared). But don't naively think that you are dealing with the Rockland Credit Union, either.

Looks like another waypoint on the road to the end of the euro.

After watching Elizabeth Warren in that video she is truly an idiot. Its very sad that we have these types of sick individuals representing our freedoms.

I can't even... You are so clueless.

I hope that you never find yourself in a situation that millions of Americans face daily, getting laid off and having to start from ground zero to support yourself/family on a job that pays the minimum wage while you look for an alternate, but if you do, it will be quite a sobering experience. Another scenario: how about people putting themselves through college? Minimum wage jobs are everywhere and the people that work them are not just degenerates.

As a small business owner and employer I start from ground zero every day. It is more sobering than you could ever imagine. Stop depending on someone else to feed you (your boss). Only then will your perspective change. You'll see Warren as the Repulsive, out-of-touch monster she really is.

Datadyne that claim is based on this report:
http://nelp.3cdn.net/24befb45b36b626a7a_v2m6iirxb.pdf
Which when one looks at the author, clearly has a bias.

This study on the other hand is a bit more objective.
http://www.cepr.net/documents/publications/min-wage-2013-02.pdf

If the minimum wage kept pace with inflation, it only would be $10.52 or $9.22, depending on how inflation is measured. Not even close to $22.00.

Worker productivity has increased largely due to technology. A computer doing more work for a person, in some cases nearly automating the process to the point of eliminating any thought or labor, really merits that person getting paid more?

Elizabeth Warren to write book on middle-class
After Patrick and Brown, could fetch $1m
By Matt Viser | Globe Staff March 19, 2013

Senator Elizabeth Warren is planning to write a new book, one that the Massachusetts Democrat is pitching to publishers as a first-hand account of her battle for the middle class, delving into both her proposal for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and her race for the US Senate. The book’s working title is “Rigged,” and she is being represented by well-known Washington agent Robert Barnett, who also negotiated the book deal for Scott Brown, the Republican predecessor who Warren defeated in November’s election.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...-washington/rpCIuDkRAxR8Zxf8uq3RkO/story.html

I can't believe how stupid Mass Voters have become.

I hope she donates her money to Govt Programs to help the Middle class

As a small business owner and employer I start from ground zero every day. It is more sobering than you could ever imagine. Stop depending on someone else to feed you (your boss). Only then will your perspective change. You'll see Warren as the Repulsive, out-of-touch monster she really is.

Wow! I can smell the ego from all the way over here.

DeLong's got a good run down on a bunch of people's current take on the minimum wage debate: http://delong.typepad.com/sdj/2013/02/yes-thoughtful-economists-think-raising-the-minimum-wage-right-now-is-a-good-idea.html

Last edited:
Wow! I can smell the ego from all the way over here.

DeLong's got a good run down on a bunch of people's current take on the minimum wage debate: http://delong.typepad.com/sdj/2013/02/yes-thoughtful-economists-think-raising-the-minimum-wage-right-now-is-a-good-idea.html

Forget raising minimum wage. If you’re working for minimum wage than you’re a fucking moron and you really had no real job skills or values to add to a company. Yes…..Most people go through transitions in their life and at some point even skilled workers have become unemployed but through trials & tribulations resilient workers always find a way to survive above minimum wage.

The real problem now is the Federal Govt with all their rules & regulations are forcing the corporations to setup base in other countries to avoid paying, Healthcare costs averaging 10% year in inflation, disability insurance, Unemployment insurance, Federal, Social, Medicare, Sales tax. It’s insane the amount it costs to hire an American Employee.
Now you know why all builders are outsourcing their work to immigrants.

Also people are not entitle to a cell phone, cable, car, Ipad, labtop, These are not necessities of life but our society has made them.

Last edited:
If you’re working for minimum wage than you’re a fucking moron and you really had no real job skills or values to add to a company.

Be sure to let everyone know you think they're all fucking morons with no real job skills or values the next time you eat out in a restaurant.

Sorry to hear you think everyone in the hospitality industry is a fucking moron with no real job skills or values. You should tell that to all the employees at the next restaurant you eat at.

Really who in the hospitality industry makes minimum wage beside McDonalds and Friendly workers,

If your a bartender or a server at Empire or Delfrisco's in Boston then you are making 500-1000 dollars a weekend night. Thats alot more than Minimum wage pal. I am also against Tips being taxed. Tips are earned the Govt has no right to tax you're tips. But its all about the middle class but our IRS thinks Tips need to be taxed.

Thats the difference is how you present yourself to society in the hospitality industry.
McDonalds workers get minimum wage
Empire workers make big money

Back