archBoston Presidential Poll 2012

For whom will you be voting on Tuesday?

• Total voters
Wow! I can smell the ego from all the way over here.

Frankly I should be [entitled] to more because I employ others and risk losing everything on a daily basis. I am truly what drives this economy. Call it whatever you want.

Frankly I should be [entitled] to more because I employ others and risk losing everything on a daily basis. I am truly what drives this economy. Call it whatever you want.

Underground theory: Let govt lackey's continue to spend hardworking taxpayers money and create unproductive jobs without any risk as they bankrupt the American Working class so all there friends continue to have govt lifetime pensions.

I agree with Bosdevelopment about employ others and risk losing everything on a daily basis. This is the productive class. The only problem is Bush who is supposed to be conservative stepped over the boundaries to bailout moral hazard. Bailing out the bankers will make Bush the worst president in history since he turned our country from a democracy to fascism overnight.
Bush & cheney pissed & shit all over the constitution with their arrogant attitude saying laws don't apply to us and that is why Obama is leading this country into a totalitarian govt so the bankers can turn America into a global govt with our military.

Underground theory: Let govt lackey's continue to spend hardworking taxpayers money and create unproductive jobs without any risk as they bankrupt the American Working class so all there friends continue to have govt lifetime pensions.

Nice try.

I would assume most of them know that already.

Ok, that crossed the line. My husband is a server at a major Fenway bar/restaurant. He's got three degrees including his Master's of Divinity and is an associate pastor at a local church. His tip money that he makes serving goes toward paying off his/our college loans. He's by no means a "fucking moron with no job skills or values." He's not alone either. A ton of Boston's servers and retail clerks have degrees and are simply working to pay off their debts because they were not blessed with having parents that paid for college/life.

Ok, that crossed the line. My husband is a server at a major Fenway bar/restaurant. He's got three degrees including his Master's of Divinity and is an associate pastor at a local church. His tip money that he makes serving goes toward paying off his/our college loans. He's by no means a "fucking moron with no job skills or values." He's not alone either. A ton of Boston's servers and retail clerks have degrees and are simply working to pay off their debts because they were not blessed with having parents that paid for college/life.

Having your parents pay off your debt can also be a curse. Life is not fair but the reality is its about character something you have no clue about. People that hustle to pay off their bills & go to school usually have a better understanding on how the world works then some rich idiot who doesn't know how to pay his electric bill without his parents help.

Does your husband make more than minimum wage including tips? That is the question.

I never said servers or any particular job description is a fucking moron. I said you have to be a fucking moron to accept minimum wage at this point unless you live with your parents and have no bills. Why would anybody settle for a minimum wage job. I think Dunkin Donuts pays more than minimum wage at this point.

Excuses, excuses.

I can understand this as it applies to someone who graduated from college with some bullshit degree like Communications or Medieval Studies, but I have a handful of friends from MIT with rigorous backgrounds that are holding down cafe jobs.....do they also deserve nothing but sneers? Do you think nothing of the diminishing job prospects for college graduates of all stripes?

Having your parents pay off your debt can also be a curse. Life is not fair but the reality is its about character something you have no clue about. People that hustle to pay off their bills & go to school usually have a better understanding on how the world works then some rich idiot who doesn't know how to pay his electric bill without his parents help.
Huh? I clearly do have a view about building character because we are both paying our own way through college, working at extra jobs to pay them off. I wasn't really even responding to you. I was responding to the deplorable comment made by kmp. I don't understand where you suddenly assumed I had "no clue about character."

Does your husband make more than minimum wage including tips? That is the question.

I never said servers or any particular job description is a fucking moron. I said you have to be a fucking moron to accept minimum wage at this point unless you live with your parents and have no bills. Why would anybody settle for a minimum wage job. I think Dunkin Donuts pays more than minimum wage at this point.
Yes he does, but the point of raising the minimum wage isn't just to bump up the paychecks of only minimum wage workers. It also catches people who might have gotten raises or whatever, but still are not making enough to live. IIRC, Dunkin pays like $8.50 an hour and while that is not technically "minimum wage," Dunkin workers would still be positively effected by a minimum wage hike to $9 or $10 because it raises their wage higher than it was to begin with.

People that hustle to pay off their bills & go to school usually have a better understanding on how the world works then some rich idiot who doesn't know how to pay his electric bill without his parents help.

And yet so many people thought Mitt Romney would be a good president.

I can understand this as it applies to someone who graduated from college with some bullshit degree like Communications or Medieval Studies, but I have a handful of friends from MIT with rigorous backgrounds that are holding down cafe jobs.....do they also deserve nothing but sneers?

What else could I offer, my condolences?

Hey pal, sorry that you blew four years of your life and $200k at an elite university and all you've got to show for it is an apron and a nasty disposition.

Do you think nothing of the diminishing job prospects for college graduates of all stripes?

There's no question, it's a huge problem. That's why I voted for Mitt Romney.

What else could I offer, my condolences?

I think you could offer something slightly less harsh than outright contempt, which is what you've expressed time and again towards seemingly 98% of the global population.

I'll be blunt(have I ever not been?). The chance to attend an elite school like MIT, Harvard, Yale, etc. is quite possibly the single greatest advantage one can be given in life. Why should I have anything other than contempt for those who did not take full advantage of that opportunity? Most people would take that opportunity as one to better themselves and truly make something of themselves, your friends from the sounds of it just fucked off.

Last edited:

I agree with Bosdevelopment about employ others and risk losing everything on a daily basis. This is the productive class. The only problem is Bush who is supposed to be conservative stepped over the boundaries to bailout moral hazard. Bailing out the bankers will make Bush the worst president in history since he turned our country from a democracy to fascism overnight.
Bush & cheney pissed & shit all over the constitution with their arrogant attitude saying laws don't apply to us and that is why Obama is leading this country into a totalitarian govt so the bankers can turn America into a global govt with our military.

Underground Theory: Democrat Guilt.

Most people would take that opportunity as one to better themselves and truly make something of themselves, your friends from the sounds of it just fucked off.

Two of them did get somewhat lost down the MIT-make-and-take-your-own-drugs path, but the other two are as initiative driven as anyone out there. Those are the ones I wish you wouldn't be so goddamn presumptuous towards.

Back