Archstone North Point (The one that looks like the Landmark Center)

Re: Archstone-Smith - Cambridge MA (Not NorthPoint)

...some visual proof:
It catches the lingering rays of sunlight at the end of a relatively gloomy day quite well.

there are a lot of great pictures on this site, but this one stands out for me. thanks for posting it!

there are a lot of great pictures on this site, but this one stands out for me. thanks for posting it!

Thanks! I framed the shot with the idea of keeping only the gritty, crumbling station in sharp focus, so the colors of the building were allowed to bleed into one another - giving it a slightly ethereal look.

This building looks really good. The yellow brick helps it to stand out without screaming "Look at me!". Classy building.

I agree, this is a very nice addition to the cityscape.

This thread confuses me- The title says "not NorthPoint" but all of the pictures are of Archstone North Point.

Does anyone know when phase 2 of this project will begin?

Thanks!

This thread confuses me- The title says "not NorthPoint" but all of the pictures are of Archstone North Point.

Does anyone know when phase 2 of this project will begin?

Thanks!

No theyre not.

It is the archstone building which is next to northpoint. It is done, and theres no phase 2.

See the northppoint thread for that project.

Still confused here... All of the pictures in this thread are of the project called "Archstone North Point." How is it "not northpoint?"

I think this is a case where the marketers changed the name on us without anyone noticing. Originally it was called Archstone-Smith Apartments, which most of us here thought was a part of the NorthPoint development right next door (which it's not), and that led to this new thread with the title containing "Not NorthPoint" to clear up any confusion.

It's also worth it to note that this project has a space in between the words North and Point, while the other, much larger project is one word.

Because north point is a separate project by a completely different developer. It is right next to this archstone building.

EDIT: KZ beat me to it.

Thanks so much for the clarification... I totally get it now.

Anyone know anything about when Phase 2 of Archstone North Point (the project in all of the photographs) will begin? Special permit has been granted, but I cant find anything about timing...

For any updates on the North Point project please see the Official North Point Thread.

Note: It is simply "North Point" not "Archstone North Point". Archstone has no relationship with the North Point Development. We were all confused at first as well.

Note?: Say "hi" to Tom!

MrsBrady is right, there are two more buildings yet to come with this project:

cambridgeresidential.jpg

Wow.

I am really sorry.

I was completely wrong about this. Mia culpa

Much of the confusion comes from the fact that the Archstone building is called Archstone North Point and that it's located directly next to the NorthPoint development, close enough to look like they're part of the same development.

Wow.

I am really sorry.

I was completely wrong about this. Mia culpa

same here. I remember that rendering now, but completely forgot about it when this topic came back up. :confused:

You guys even had me doubting myself for a little while there...

So back to the original question... Any word on construction timing for Phase 2?

Thanks All!

A couple from the Esplanade:

img6930xp3.jpg

img7027um8.jpg

Okay, who can clarify? I thought the only rental bldg was going to be Archstone, that it is the only bldg outside the NorthPoint project, and that the photo you show above is of condos built as part of the NorthPoint project. No?

Okay, who can clarify? I thought the only rental bldg was going to be Archstone, that it is the only bldg outside the NorthPoint project, and that the photo you show above is of condos built as part of the NorthPoint project. No?

The large building in the photo is Archstone North Point.

Jesus how confusing is this?

Last edited:

Back