Archstone North Point (The one that looks like the Landmark Center)

Re: Archstone-Smith - Cambridge MA (Not NorthPoint)

Okay, who can clarify? I thought the only rental bldg was going to be Archstone, that it is the only bldg outside the NorthPoint project, and that the photo you show above is of condos built as part of the NorthPoint project. No?

No those are Archstone buildings in that pic ... here's some more information on the entire project:

http://www.btiweb.com/PDFs/Projects/1559cambridge.pdf

Two buildings have been built as part of NorthPoint Cambridge, Tango and Sierra. Ready for closings, as soon as they settle the court cases.

Re: Archstone-Smith - Cambridge MA (Not NorthPoint)

Nothing has been built at NorthPoint Cambridge, yet.

Jesus how confusing is this?

Well, that will confuse people considering two buildings are basically done on site, as can be seen by this aerial from a year ago:

sdfjgsb3.jpg

OK, NorthPoint Cambridge is the big area with two buildings, Archstone has the gigantic tower and the slender land to the south.

Oh my bad. I totally forgot those two buildings were built. You can see who is really confused.

Friends of mine live here. They just returned home and the whole lobby is blocked off because it's flooded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing new, but I was in the area.

For those that miss the el
IMG_6638.jpg

IMG_6640.jpg

IMG_6641.jpg

IMG_6642.jpg

IMG_6643.jpg

I feel a little bad reviving an old thread..but it's a nice reminder of the pre-recession "building spree."

No need to feel bad when you've got a great pic like that!

It's only when a Captain Dense asks "any updates?" that people get annoyed.

Definitely worth reviving a thread with that shot! I've always liked the North Point/Archstone plans. I hope someone post-recession comes along with a boatload of money and finishes in even better terms what the original developers started.

Was the Archstone North Point site planned for more development? I know adjacent but separate North Point (rail yard site) project is.

Hi folks!

Longtime lurker, first time poster.

Any updates?

Perhaps you should take a gander at post #108 by kz1000ps.

Really, folks, it was merely an ironic joke referring to the post from yesterday.

In the meantime, GREAT website - - I've loved reading it for years.

No worries, I thought you were honestly being an obnoxious "Captain Dense." Welcome to the board, sorry for the inhospitable first impression.

No worries, I thought you were honestly being an obnoxious "Captain Dense." Welcome to the board, sorry for the inhospitable first impression.

No problem, Kennedy, you weren't inhospitable in the least. Glad we got it all cleared up. Sometimes, the intonation and verbal nuance of a joke ( I had read Kz's previous posting from yesterday - - and was kiddingly playing "Captain Dense") just doesn't translate onto an internet screen.

I probably don't have much to contribute, as I live in Maryland and don't make it home more than once per year for a good walkabout. As mentioned, I have lurked here for a few years and find this a true treasure of a website.

Thank you to all - - especially the folks who take those photographs around the city. You have no idea how much it is appreciated!

For what it's worth, I LOL'd. The joke and the preceding picture are some of the best things to happen on this board in these Dark times.

Back