Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Russia Wharf

This is geat news. Now the South station Tower, and then the Filene's complex, then trans national tower

Filene's Tower = Probably
SST = Probably Not (for the nth time)
TNP = When Pigs Fly

Filene's Tower = Probably
SST = Probably Not (for the nth time)
TNP = When Pigs Fly

Filene's tower will happen because it is in a key area of the city, and whether or not the developer does get his finances in order, this will get built regardless. Obviously it would just be given to someone else who has the financial backing. And in regards to South Station Tower, that is most likely still happening. My Uncle's company is a part of this project, and he has personally been to some of the meetings with the developers and contractors, and he said it is definitely still happening, it's just that the developers are making sure they have every little thing financed before they move ahead with construction. He said that it probably would not move ahead to construction for at least another year. I know everyone here thinks it will eventually just die and not be built, but my uncle knows the business well and if he says it is gonna be built, then I am confident it will still move on. TNP is definitely When Pigs Fly lol

maybe the filenes tower wil get just a lil bit taller

Wishfull thinking? I'd like to see it top out above 500 feet, however, even if it's just for statistical purposes

TNP? I can just see it now on fox 25 news. The Infamous TNP project located in the financial district of boston gets the go ahead, in further news Osama Bin Laden has been found.

Well, they're doing something in there. The start of concrete and steel anyways. Maybe by Thanksgiving we'll start seeing something.

2902425110_9dd0eec10d.jpg

As of today...

Good to see this is emerging from the below-ground levels! This will be a fun building to watch go up, especially from the airport area.

I must admit my surprise when I saw the site the other day and realized that only 2 walls of the old buildings were kept. If I had known that I would not have felt so strongly about saving what I thought would have been the complete perimeter of walls. The one intact building on Atlantic Ave. would have been sufficient.

I must admit my surprise when I saw the site the other day and realized that only 2 walls of the old buildings were kept. If I had known that I would not have felt so strongly about saving what I thought would have been the complete perimeter of walls. The one intact building on Atlantic Ave. would have been sufficient.

I felt the same way about the exterior on this one, thinking it ain't so hot. But, then I saw the potential when they boxed out the windows actually. This gave the windows a nice contrast with a little color (even if it was plywood), but it showed that there was decent craftsmanship, it was just hidden behind the monochromatic exterior. But, that's along the Coingress street side. Isn't the Atlantic ave. side a different building altogether? The one that used to have the model ships.

If they had kept only one brick of the old exterior, it would be one brick superior to almost any facade that has been erected in Boston in the last decade.

Realistically, the facades along Atlantic and Congress will be all that is viewed for about 98% of the people viewing this and certainly the pedestrian traffic.

There are two different buildings along Congress, I the facades of both buildings fronting the street are kept right?

The whole buildings on Atlantic Ave are being kept, thank God....and I agree, that something is better than nothing in the end, regarding the facades of the buildings in the rear....I was just surprised more wasn't kept.

Progress as of 10/17, around 5:30ish...

2958757341_71894d361d.jpg

2959601606_fd1b219c19.jpg

2959601964_a4b8e33ef7.jpg

2959602372_7a71802b38.jpg

Is it just me, or might this be the slowest moving building of all time? I swear that 45 Province, the W, and the Clarendon all started after this, and they're all topped/topping out, and this one isn't even out of the ground!

Well remember that those other buildings didn't have to preserve anything.

Back