Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Russia Wharf

I never got why so many people on here bashed The Intercontinental while going easy on other lackluster projects such as 2 Financial Place and The Clarendon.

Where did you get that? I'm not sure if you were part of the board when th IC was under construction but I remember how all of us praised it's design. The only thing we dislike was its sidewalk, lack of height, and how they tried to shoot down Russia Wharf. There were no bashing of the IC. Maybe the ICA but not the IC.

Re: the Fed. Res. Boston: I especially like the machine gun port near the bullet-proof glass window on the Atlantic Ave. side near the corner of the plaza! At least the new plaza is colorful and inviting!

Yeah, a fine example of forticulture.

justin

this morning from SBW
120.jpg
122-1.jpg

I never got why so many people on here bashed The Intercontinental...

Where did you get that? ...when the IC was under construction...I remember how all of us praised it's design. The only thing we dislike was its sidewalk, lack of height...

I recalled justin and ablarc "taking out the red pen" on the Intercontinental. Now that briv has recreated the archive, I can show what was said.

I recalled justin and ablarc "taking out the red pen" on the Intercontinental. Now that briv has recreated the archive, I can show what was said.

Heh, thanks for the link. I'm still not thrilled with it. It's not the worst I've ever seen, but it's not exciting either.

However, I did check that archived link, and this is what I miss the most on our forum:

I think it's one of my favorite buildings in Boston. Definately in the top 5.
^Where did he go? I miss the constant comic relief.

Really? I didn't know that. I thought he left on his own. Huh.

IMG_8508.jpg

IMG_8509.jpg

IMG_8510.jpg

IMG_8511.jpg

IMG_8512.jpg

IMG_8513.jpg

IMG_8514.jpg

IMG_8515.jpg

IMG_8516.jpg

IMG_8519.jpg

IMG_8521.jpg

IMG_8522.jpg

As seen through a telescope thing
IMG_8532.jpg

IMG_8533.jpg

Didn't he have the potential --with time-- to turn into another *****?

No he was just a troll.

@jass Great pics, thanks. From Dewey Sq this tower will add a nice step up from the Intercontinental to the Fed.

Missed the boat again. Here's a couple more from Friday taken from Southie.

3437965442_bffed766b2.jpg

3437157207_04797afbe8.jpg

3437961936_aaf19c52fa.jpg

3437961828_d4ffba6629.jpg

Wow, awesome pics M80! Are you apart of the construction crew, or are you just a fantastic spy? As shown by Boston02124's pictures, thanks to the IC being right next to this, we're going to get some cool construction/reflection pictures.

Glad to see more progress on this one!

Thanks Boston02124 for these great updates. Nice to see this thing take off.

What's great about the series of photos on the previous page is I'd look at one and think "Cool. But, I wonder what it looks like from this angle..." and then, voila, there it is! Between all of you, you give such phenomenal coverage. Thank you!

thanks^ but if nothing else gets going this is it!:( well still have MGH and the dorms on washington st!
030-6-1.jpg

Back