ATTN: ADMIN

That's weird, KZ. Has anyone else been having problems?

Hopefully when the board switches over it will solve any problems people have been having. I've got the software and it shouldn't be very much longer at all. Im going to try very hard to get it done over this weekend.

You can get a preview of test site here. I encourage members to log in and get to know it. Anyone who does, let me know of any problems you encounter.

I've been having similar problems. I have even more difficulty loading the test site, actually.

Briv,
The test site seems to be work ok for me except it won't accept an avatar.
I dropped you a note in Board Issue forum over there.

Im a bit concerned to learn that people are experiencing long load times for the board. I find this especially surprising because for me it has been loading faster than ever. Maybe this is a browser or OS issue. Whatever it is I would really like to get to solve this problem. Let me know if it persists.

Statler, I basically agree with all of your suggestions. Im still working on the icons and resolution issues. I'd like to have one default layout that fits all rather than making people adjust the theme themselves. Hopefully I can get this done soon. Also, believe I fixed the avatar problem -- keep in mind that when we switch over you're going to have to upload it again though.

Van, I used a few-week-old backup of the board for the dummy site. When we switch that test site will be deleted and the new one should be totally up-to-date. I did a quick and dirty conversion just to see if it the users, posts, etc. would carryover, which they did without any problems.

Thanks for the input guys.

Is this the right place for this?

The new site design looks great, thank you for putting in the work.

Negatives are, it's a bit busy with all the graphics, but we can get used to that.

Only thing I don't really like is, when you copy and paste an article, the font on the article headline is way too big. I assume this is part of the .css file ... if you don't like it, either and are able to change it, perhaps it could be shrunk? I know, minor quibble.

Thanks again.

When I quote an article I usually bold and enlarge the font on the headline. It just a style thing.
If it bugs everyone else I'll stop and make it the same size as the rest of the text.

Looking good so far, but why is everyone a Site Admin?

When I quote an article I usually bold and enlarge the font on the headline. It just a style thing.
If it bugs everyone else I'll stop and make it the same size as the rest of the text.

I do the same thing. :confused:

how do you bold or enlarge something in this forum? the buttons that used to let you do that aren't there anymore.

In the upper corner click User CP
Then click Edit Options
Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options
Set to either Standard Editor or Enhanced Interface

(Briv - either of those should be set to the default)

Last edited:
Site Search seems to have stopped working.
My site problem is, I go to search, type "Biking in Boston" (a known thread title) and click "search titles only" and get zero results.
I've resorted to using google searches with the "site:archboston.com" constraint. I think it should work here.

Site Search seems to have stopped working.
My site problem is, I go to search, type "Biking in Boston" (a known thread title) and click "search titles only" and get zero results.
I've resorted to using google searches with the "site:archboston.com" constraint. I think it should work here.

Oddly, if you just type the word "bike" that thread pops up, but "biking" find nothing.

Oddly, if you just type the word "bike" that thread pops up, but "biking" find nothing.
That's crazy. Or at least beyond my experience, since Search used to reject the short queries as returning too many results (it wouldn't let you search common words, like Bike, or Boston, or Biking, and seemed also to reject short words like "MBTA"

Back