Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

^Yeah, this is typical in hotels and large apartment buildings. Just look for a small louver / vent inlet somewhere on the upper wall or ceiling. There's typically no switch or sensor in the bathroom...a large centralized blower unit elsewhere in the building is just always running.

OK, but technically that is a vent fan, just centralized, rather than localized.

I took the no fan comment to mean no vent, which would violate code.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWKp4UlDdKn/?taken-by=gsager18

It's hard to share/imbed Instagram pictures but check this one out... it's pretty amazing!!

The quoted Instagram picture

19762103_111444069410636_4152956053488664576_n.jpg

anyone have inside info as to when they'll replace the non-functioning balcony light strip (third up in the lighted balcony cluster in the middle in this picture) or why it's taking so long? it's been burnt out/broken/whatever for over a month now.

anyone have inside info as to when they'll replace the non-functioning balcony light strip (third up in the lighted balcony cluster in the middle in this picture) or why it's taking so long? it's been burnt out/broken/whatever for over a month now.

Around the same time they replace the two broken wind turbines on 888 Boylston.

If you're the landlord, what's the business case for rapidly fixing lights-for-show on a balcony, particularly if you've got a backlog of HVAC and plumbing issues?

My old boss (in Marketing but not in Real Estate) would prioritize the fix with a comment like: "There are probably 10 people in the world who care about our balcony lighting and they're all reading this thread*"

The point was never that one shouldn't care about such things, but golly, there've got to be more customer-facing issues higher in the queue.

*He'd have said "in this meeting"

HVAC and any structural issues are of course more important but perception is reality and when you're trying to fill your brand-new, extremely expensive apartment high-rise, "little things" like "why the hell has that light been broken for a month" make a place appear shabby and ill-maintained to outside viewers far more than a busted TXV valve on a given unit's central AC.

I doubt they will or are having any trouble finding tenants.

The place could could be actively on fire and they would have people asking if there were any units available.

HVAC and any structural issues are of course more important but perception is reality and when you're trying to fill your brand-new, extremely expensive apartment high-rise, "little things" like "why the hell has that light been broken for a month" make a place appear shabby and ill-maintained to outside viewers far more than a busted TXV valve on a given unit's central AC.

I have certainly won that argument with the owners in my condo building (Our exterior lighting gets fixed pretty promptly). I am not sure it works with building management types in a rental building.

2 recently completed projects, one giant U/C one, two garages with one under active demolition and the other "evaluating options". Fantastic picture!

^^fantastic angle David!

here's a similar angle, but from a few hundred feet up....

surprised how much i like this compared to how "meh" i was when i saw the renders pre-construction. particularly at night, but overall, as well.

The sunset color reflected on the white panels looks great. This building turned out really nice.

A very helpful building for wayfinding and knowing where North Station is.

Thats whats cool about cities in general. Depending on where the Hancock is relative to the Pru you can tell where you are in the city. If the Hancock is on the right your south, if its on the left your in Cambridge haha, if you can read the Prudential lettering and 111 Huntington is on your right your somewhere out west and etc....

The building has 503 units, but does anyone know what the makeup of those units are? I've tried their site, this thread and a couple articles but I can't find a breakdown and total # of each size unit (studio, 1bd, 2bd, 3bd units). Any help would be greatly appreciated

Back