AvalonBay Tower (Jacob Wirth's) | 45 Stuart Street | Downtown

"Glass Slipper Open During Construction": Whosoever Shall Pronounce Dead The Dread 'Combat Zone' Must First Do Battle With The Grim Certainty Of Ye Signage...

It's a back alley. What did you expect?

Maybe you're right, looks like cars cannot drive there, but that picture doesn't look like a "back alley" to me. Many human beings can still view the heinousness.

Maybe you're right, looks like cars cannot drive there, but that picture doesn't look like a "back alley" to me. Many human beings can still view the heinousness.

Maybe back street is a better term.

But here's the reverse street angle. I'll let you judge.
https://www.google.com/maps?q=Stuart+Street,+Boston,+MA&hl=en&ll=42.351577,-71.063569&spn=0.001213,0.002411&sll=42.036922,-71.683501&sspn=2.496824,4.938354&oq=stuart+st&hnear=Stuart+St,+Boston,+Massachusetts&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=42.351592,-71.063689&panoid=sq_DQ2RJuU3-wQLWHAmo7g&cbp=12,100.42,,0,-11.69

Looks like similar detailing to the Kensington. And compared to some of the horror stories fronting Stuart St (which granted were put up in the '80s) it's above average.

On the other hand, the jointing on that precast looks atrocious, maybe the final shims haven't been placed yet.

Maybe back street is a better term.

But here's the reverse street angle. I'll let you judge.
https://www.google.com/maps?q=Stuart+Street,+Boston,+MA&hl=en&ll=42.351577,-71.063569&spn=0.001213,0.002411&sll=42.036922,-71.683501&sspn=2.496824,4.938354&oq=stuart+st&hnear=Stuart+St,+Boston,+Massachusetts&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=42.351592,-71.063689&panoid=sq_DQ2RJuU3-wQLWHAmo7g&cbp=12,100.42,,0,-11.69

Looks like similar detailing to the Kensington. And compared to some of the horror stories fronting Stuart St (which granted were put up in the '80s) it's above average.

On the other hand, the jointing on that precast looks atrocious, maybe the final shims haven't been placed yet.

Ah, thank you! Yes, that gives me a far better idea of the area now. I agree, it is a back street/back alley.

I recall the screams of horror when the pre-cast panels for the Kensington garage went up on this very alley.

I recall the screams of horror when the pre-cast panels for the Kensington garage went up on this very alley.

The BRA basically decided to "kill" Lagrange street. They are going to allow "walls of death" for other possible developments along the street. Lagrange is nothing more than car access and a delivery alley.

Got to wonder how long it will be before we see a proposal on the parking lot and 1-story shanty next to the Kensington on Lagrange.

Lagrange could have been something cool at one point in time; If the developers could build taller here then perhaps the parking garages could have been underground and the street lined with retail. We will never know. That's just sloppy urban planning at the intersection of one of the cities three most vibrant neighborhoods (DTX, Chinatown, Theater District).

Lagrange is nothing more than car access and a delivery alley.

I feel like you're overlooking two rather important businesses in the local Lagrange Street economy.

From this weekend:

lOqqbWx.jpg

I feel like you're overlooking two rather important businesses in the local Lagrange Street economy.

You are correct, but those businesses are probably why the rest of the street has been relegated to car access and a delivery alley.

We have to be careful offering too many compliments, we may make our staff photographer, KZ1000ps jealous. :)

That Beacon Hill shot is really gorgeous. I think it is amazing how many vantages, from around the city, you can see this building from.

Cross fingers -- I hope the façade works!

We have to be careful offering too many compliments, we may make our staff photographer, KZ1000ps jealous. :)

Haha, I'll need to get a better camera before I can compete! Should have some very good views of this project and the MT site once it gets above the surrounding buildings. Bonus:

JVdxSw4.jpg

Back