Avenir

I like the finished product...it has almost an upscale commiebloc feel to it....

The only thing I don't understand with buildings such as this and the Mandarin is why do they not try to build a more noble ground floor?

I almost forgot about it as I walked by today, only remembered it was a new building when I saw the green lights.

Needless to say, it fits in.

IMG_3903.jpg

IMG_3904.jpg

IMG_3905.jpg

IMG_3906.jpg

Aw
IMG_3907.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

Bonus:
They misplaced Yawkey....(North station)
IMG_3909.jpg

I wouldn't say they misplaced it, rather they took certain graphic liberties when producing the diagram.

Also I like the little historical plaque.

I wonder if the lighting is allways green. Or if it was green b/c of a celtics game.

I'd keep it green for the Celtics, and make it yellow for the Bruins.

That's got to be an old commuter rail map, right? It doesn't have the Greenbush line.

Really old -- it doesn't have Newburyport, Worcester, Middleboro/Lakeville, or Plymouth/Kingston either.

They've had it lit up in red as well although I'd say the green looks a lot better.

I'd keep it green for the Celtics, and make it yellow for the Bruins.
Following the gardens light scheme would be cool.

(The garden does green for celtics, yellow for bruins, red for sox, blue for pats/revs)

Yeah, that would be even better. Especially if they did the same kind of thing with Greenway Center, and even the Zakim. Make the entire area glow with whichever team color is playing. At least during the playoffs for each respective team.

Make the entire area glow with whichever team color is playing. At least during the playoffs for each respective team.

That would be cool, much better than a bunch of different buildings glowing with their own colors. I'd love to see congruity with the lighting; and I love the ever-optimistic Boston fans. We assume each team will make the playoffs every year, and are somehow shocked if they don't.

It looks like the Zakim will be lit in Red tonight:
http://www.universalhub.com/2009/zakim_bridge_turns_red_tonight

It would really have an impact if the Zakim, Garden and surrounding area, and the new LEDs on the Pru to all be lit the same for various charities (but only a handful of nights total per year).

Last edited:
Personally, I think the lights changing on the Pru are kind of stupid. I wish they'd leave them one solid color all year long, regardless of holidays or charities. Somehow the area around the Zakim makes more sense for that to happen than me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

You didn't like it when they lit up the Pru with the "GO SOX" in lights?

Yeah, that's cool, but it's different. I don't know, I guess it would make sense for sports things, but charities aren't as recognizable by color. Except breast cancer.

Can we light it up red for China?

Back