Avenir

They have red on their flag too, though. Green would be Ireland. Could it be Italy? Where do the Pru Light People have secret allegiances to?!

There was a huge controversy in NYC because it lit up the Empire State Building in communist red for the 60th anniversary of the People's Republic of China.

Iran would be Green.

Not of the Iranian leadership had anything to say about it!

yes, you can call it "communist red," but it has more importantly been the Chinese national color for dozens of centuries, no matter what form of government is in power. And there was a small controversy, not really "huge," a few dozen people with nothing better to do showed up to protest, fox news obviously bitched about it (for ratings), but most didn't care.

The resident Barbarian speaks the truth. Honestly, who gives a shit if some lights represent another country. America is red, white, and blue. Do any of these whiners and complainers realize how many other countries have the exact same colors as we do? Eat Freedom Fries all you want, Average Joe, but the French still use the red, white, and blue tricolor.

AMERICANS" flag the red white et bleu BEFORE French peeples. There flag being blue and gold FIRST. Then the public HARECUTS in Place de VEngeance you silly silly EURO BOYS!!! HOORAY for BOStON!!! Good use for Rose Greenway.

Are you suggesting it be the Rose Kennedy Red, White, and Blue-way?

From 5/31. Pretty sure it's the one behind the street lights in the first picture?

IMG_4344.jpg

IMG_4353.jpg

Very wide

IMG_4396.jpg

IMG_4411.jpg

It's wide but once the rest of the Bulfinch Triangle is filled in you won't really notice it.

Yeah, but surprisingly monolithic from the side. The renderings always gave me the impression that it would look like a series of smaller structures.

Thanks for all the pics today DZH! A great distraction as I ease my way out of the long weekend . . .

Yeah, but surprisingly monolithic from the side. The renderings always gave me the impression that it would look like a series of smaller structures.

Thanks for all the pics today DZH! A great distraction as I ease my way out of the long weekend . . .

If the empty lot gets built, you only get to see the building from up close, where it does look like multiple buildings, sort of.

Great pictures, man. For some weird reason, the Bulfinch Triangle is very photogenic. Even with the massive blank wall on the Garden and the empty lots, and the Greenway, etc., I always like looking at the photos.

Anyone think that a development like LA Live-Boston Edition would be cool on the lot next to the Garden? It would be much smaller and less focused on music and entertainment, but I had some ideas on how to make an interesting pedestrian mall with a hotel, some retail (a Celtics/Bruins fan shop open to the public), and dining (I was thinking about a deli or sub shop, don't know why).

I see the former Waldorf Cafeteria, last a McDonalds, has had all the noteworthy ornament expunged with a cheap BrickMaster re-cladding.

I liked Avenir better when it had all that yellow construction shit all over it.

Back