Avenir_20071229-056.jpg

Avenir_20071229-058S1.jpg

DSC_0432.JPG

DSC_0416.JPG

DSC_0417.JPG

DSC_0419.JPG

DSC_0421.JPG

DSC_0425.JPG

There wasn't much going on down there today. Just a few random men with hard hats talking for too long. Hopefully it continues to progress!

i think someone mentioned this before but they should put in a spacious sports bar in the ilk of the new cask or game on. with reasonable drink prices preferably. the fours just doesnt cut it and o sullivans tap is a shithole. I know there's more around but something right across the street would be nice.

Something on that street that isn't a sports bar would also be nice.

Bad pic, but theyre onto the 2nd floor

IMG_2628.jpg

The Avenir should do a lot to enclose the parks at that ends of the Greenway and that should be great.

I can't for the life of me understand why nothing has ever been built or even proposed (in recent times - not the 80's) to fill the ugly vacant space in from of the TDBN Garden.

There have actually been ideas floated for the air rights in front of the Garden, which is now just a huge parking lot. There is a thread on this site (Nashua Street Residence) that has renderings of buildings that were proposed at one time. But I've actually seen artist renderings for the two towers that were supposed to be in front of the garden. Supposedly they were supposed to create a new grand entrance for North Station as part of the plan. I'll see if I can find the pics.

ok...couldn't find the old renderings I saw before...perhaps someone else knows of the ones I mean. They actually show the domed topped hotels in front of the garden. One I saw even showed a new concourse, or atrium type area that acts as a new entrance to N Station. Anyone?

In the meantime, here's something I stumbled upon. Will Causeway ever look like this?
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ton+%26+new&start=140&ndsp=20&um=1&hl=en&sa=N

Wasn't the third tower, behind the Garden, already fully permitted and approved? What is holding up excavation and construction?

Thanks for posting those pics. There are actually other renderings that I've not seen on this site (and I can't seem to find them again anywhere) and the buildings had ornate details and seemed to be in the style of older classic buildings, not very modern looking at all. There was also a side view of the propsed concourse. I'll keep looking.

causewayAfter.jpg

If this ever comes to pass, it will not have been worth the wait.

Can we just export the O'Neill to the SBW where it would feel more at home?

Thanks for posting those pics. There are actually other renderings that I've not seen on this site (and I can't seem to find them again anywhere) and the buildings had ornate details and seemed to be in the style of older classic buildings, not very modern looking at all. There was also a side view of the propsed concourse. I'll keep looking.

I have seen these too - they are old, late 1990s. I remember the plan was for a mall-ish area between the two towers and tenants were rumored to be a Dave & Busters and the New England Sports Museum.

The Delaware North Company (owned by the Jacobs) is a totally inept group. They run the Bruins so poorly, built the lously Shawmut/Fleet/TDBankNorth barn, and have left this valuable tract of land a parking lot. It's not that they're deadbeats or bad people, they are just inept and incapable. They're from Buffalo, NY and I think they should consider going back.

causewayAfter.jpg

If this ever comes to pass, it will not have been worth the wait.

Can we just export the O'Neill to the SBW where it would feel more at home?

Yay! Look at all those happy people as they navigate a 6 lane highway. The real reason that median is there is not for pretty plantings but so people can stop in the middle to wait for the cars to pass. The Mass Dept. of Highways needs to stop treating city streets as state highways in the middle of nowhere. What Causeway St needs is less lanes and wider sidewalks.

The street is this wide because it was built to carry the Orange and Green Line elevateds. Now that those are gone, it may make sense to narrow it.

Ha ha, Van, that made me laugh. I can just imagine getting halfway with a couple of pieces of luggage, and seeing the light turn against me.

That median does not look like a fun place to get marooned if more than three people are trying to fit on it..

Back