Avenir

Wasn't the third tower, behind the Garden, already fully permitted and approved? What is holding up excavation and construction?

They're worried that nobody will move in once it's built so they're holding off on it for now.

Thanks for posting those pics. There are actually other renderings that I've not seen on this site (and I can't seem to find them again anywhere) and the buildings had ornate details and seemed to be in the style of older classic buildings, not very modern looking at all. There was also a side view of the propsed concourse. I'll keep looking.

It was actually further in the thread:

http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=979&highlight=Nashua&page=9

I posted these a few weeks ago.

Yes! Those are the buildings. Different images than I once saw, but the same buildings none the less. Thanks for posting those! Would have been nice. And how about the size of the massive trio of towers on the other side of causeway!?! Those wouldn't have stood a chance of getting approved in this neighborhood. The whole area would have a completely different feel than it does today. Not sure if that's good or bad.

They're worried that nobody will move in once it's built so they're holding off on it for now.
I think we all know that it comes down to money that determines whether projects get built or not. Either higher costs or lower revenue assumptions have stalled this.

From Sunday, February 24, 2008:

and from the other side:

This one has really sprouted up fast: from ground broken to steel shooting up in six months flat. Not too shabby!

img1837zz0.jpg

Of course, that's because they didn't seem to build anything for a basement.

img1838ag5.jpg

img1840lq7.jpg

img1841vp9.jpg

This one has really sprouted up fast: from ground broken to steel shooting up in six months flat. Not too shabby!

img1837zz0.jpg

Of course, that's because they didn't seem to build anything for a basement.

img1838ag5.jpg

img1840lq7.jpg

img1841vp9.jpg

They can't build a basement because the building is right over the North Station T stop. The construction is causing all kinds of leaks in the station (at least the MBTA is blaming the construction activity).

What's the explain going to be when this building gets completed before they finish the rehab of the Harrison Ave bridge over the pike; which has been goin on forever?

Now that the Big Undig in-fill is underway -- what we need in the area near to North Station is to get something going to fill in the footprint of the OLD Gahhhhhhdn

Ideally it should be something large and tall and perhaps mostly glassy - but it should be carefully designed and sited so as not to form a solid wall in front of the NEW Gaahhhdn -- that is already becoming iconic

At the same time it should integrate and provide a main entrance to the North Station Rail and North Station Green / Orange Lines -- perhaps with a South Station-like food court

In fact -- as the analog to those folks in Natick who have moved into condos so that when they want they can take an elevator from their residence to a mall -- this development should be designed for those who want to take an elevator to the Ice or the Paaaaahhhhkay

I think ideally you provide, hotel, short-term and long-term residence tuned to the needs of the folks who want to never leave the luxury and room-service from residence to Lux-suite on the ICE or the Paaaaahhhhkay

In fact -- if we are dreamin -- we could have two towers:
1) Black, Gold and ICY
2) Green White and Warm Wood-look

Call then the Hub or Hockey and the Paaaaaaaahhhhhhhhkay Towers

a bit off the focus of th topic and -- a flakin-out a bit from Maaahhhch cabin fever

Westy

Whatever is built needs to entirely hide the New Garden's blank wall -- which was never intended to be exposed at all.

Is this project no longer condos? I found Archstone Avenir with the same address as this project and Archstone does rentals. Anyone know?

Good to see this baby going up quickly...

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

Nice front yard :)

IMG_0386.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How long before the 'front yard' gets built on? Is that where the supermarket will go?

Back