Bay Village Apartment Tower | 212 Stuart St. | Bay Village

It's also nearly identical to the photo used for the original rendering (posted early on in this thread). I wanted to take a similar pic but KZ beat me to it.

I walk by this building all the time and have been up and down about it.

View attachment 20315

The 2nd to top section has 1 more floor in the render, and you can also see that the left corner is higher vs the garage in the render than in reality. I think 1 floor must have been cut off the final product. It also looks like the glass itself might be turned at different angles in the render. How else to describe the blacker looking glass that (randomly) makes up part of the render, vs all blue in actuality? The facade itself is much more defined in the render too, leading to more shading. On the right side there is a more vertical part of the facade that is missing in the final product. The differences are not just with the picture or time of day, they're with the building itself (ie the VE!).

Last edited:
It also looks like, in the render, the top of the building had screens (to cover the mechanicals?) which were replaced with fake windows. The windows now continue to the top of the building. Also, the back section of the building projected out on the right side in the render, it's now recessed behind the final building (I'm sure there's a better way to say that). I'm assuming that all of these change were cost-cutting measures?

Last edited:
DED6AE9D-ADC0-4C68-87B2-4EE88235718D.jpeg

Not a fan of white matte paneling (as on this and on the Avalon), at least in a climate like New England's. It tends to look dingy and not age well. This does look better in person, though, where the 3D vertical shaping of the panels is more apparent than in the photos.

I genuinely think this is the worst example of the aLtErNaTiNg WiNdOwS trope because if *only the scallops* had changed their width over different floors, then it would be an interesting way to provide texture and cast dynamic shadows over the face of the building. With the addition of the alternating windows, it just looks very disjointed, jumbled, and even unstable.

I think that at least in person it looks much better. Not that its great, but its at least better. The scalloping really doesnt come through at all in pictures for some reason.

I don‘t understand anything about this building and I think it looks terrible. The asymmetric windows, the grouping of multiple floors to look like one big floor, the 3D elements that don’t line up. Do architects actually think this is good?

Back