Bay Village Apartment Tower | 212 Stuart St. | Bay Village

There are fresh dig safe markings all along the site perimeter

The MCD has been sleepy during the latter build cycle.
Incl this one, it's going to be great seeing the (5) current approved towers rise.
Wonder if the big Garage next door can go up--a la MMG.

Last edited:
Both this building and the one approved for Tremont St. will be great additions. Slowly but surely, the weird zone around around Bay Village is being brought up to respectable density. It seems crazy how long it took though, I remember 20 years ago walking past this sight on a daily basis and even then wondering why the heck a parking lot with 10 spaces was just sitting there. In the thread regarding the Tremont st. build, I said I thought we could use about 6 more of these type buildings in the area. This has got to count as one of them. Can I advocate for another in the parking lot on Arlington St.? That spot is huge, and the tower portion of a building could theoretically be well set back from the street, essentially in the middle of the block.

It takes a long time for a stunning orifice to pull off a cunning stunt.

Both this building and the one approved for Tremont St. will be great additions. Slowly but surely, the weird zone around around Bay Village is being brought up to respectable density. It seems crazy how long it took though, I remember 20 years ago walking past this sight on a daily basis and even then wondering why the heck a parking lot with 10 spaces was just sitting there. In the thread regarding the Tremont st. build, I said I thought we could use about 6 more of these type buildings in the area. This has got to count as one of them. Can I advocate for another in the parking lot on Arlington St.? That spot is huge, and the tower portion of a building could theoretically be well set back from the street, essentially in the middle of the block.

Yea the motor mart garage tower too in the pipeline should fill in nicely too. Slowly but surely.

Yea the motor mart garage tower too in the pipeline should fill in nicely too. Slowly but surely.
In some other world I can imagine the motor mart being redeveloped into something worthy of the site that it has been given. I'm sort of a dreamer, but the notion that "park square" might have a "living building" or a "positive energy building" is somehow very attractive me. The renders that I have seen up to this point are positively atrocious,

7,000 a month for a 2 bedroom? Wow, that is absurdly expensive. With 126 units (126 x 7,000) it comes to $882,000 per month in revenue for the developer. Plus.. whatever kind of commercial or retail space gets leased on the bottom floor. I really hope not all-new Boston developments come to $7,000 per month that are new to the market... that seems a bit high for the going market rate.

If I recall correctly, St. Regis and the Alcott will not even be charing that... whao

7,000 a month for a 2 bedroom? Wow, that is absurdly expensive. With 126 units (126 x 7,000) it comes to $882,000 per month in revenue for the developer. Plus.. whatever kind of commercial or retail space gets leased on the bottom floor. I really hope not all-new Boston developments come to $7,000 per month that are new to the market... that seems a bit high for the going market rate.

If I recall correctly, St. Regis and the Alcott will not even be charing that... whao
Its not 126 x $7,000. The studios are being priced at $3,000 a month.

Both this building and the one approved for Tremont St. will be great additions. Slowly but surely, the weird zone around around Bay Village is being brought up to respectable density.

in/near the Midtown Cultural District

1. 290 Tremont St/Parcel P12 Chinatown 171 units 30 stories 348' (approval expected soon)
2. 201 Stuart St/Motor Mart Garage 231 units 26 stories 310' (approved 10-17-19)
3. 47 La Grange St/Theater District 170 units 21 stories ~255' (prep)
4. 41 LaGrange St Residences/ Chinatown 126 units 19 stories 232' (approved 2-14-19)
5. 212 Stewart St/Bay Village; 126 units 19 stories 230' (prep announced)

Last edited:
Snapped a quick picture during my walk on Saturday. This looks to be moving ahead.
781E7316-52F4-46D5-8970-6C2BFA68384B.jpeg

Back