Berklee Expansion Plans | Back Bay

I'm so glad they built where they did instead of demolishing the bank building on the corner. Hopefully if they ever go vertical there it will retain the bank as a base. Also, the tower is truely hulking over the streets there in person, its awesome.

First of all, wanted to bring the webcam link to the new page:
http://www.berklee.edu/Berklee160/construction-videofeed.html

Beeline, thank you for all the excellent updates! If you don't mind, I have a few more picture requests for you (or whoever, I would do them myself but I'm out of the city until xmas break). I would really like to see some new updates on Millenium Place 3, Liberty Mutual, and The Kensington. (really nervous about that last one...) Thanks!

It was the Back Bay headquarters of the State Street Syndicate.

^^ Wow, they're going to be cruising to get that done. From the master plan picture it looks like they still have to finish everything up to floor 16, then two more floors, then something on top of that.

Topping out Thursday at 2:30 pm.

I'm confused. THIS thursday? From the renders and the webcam, it definitely looks like they are still 2 floors and a mechanical top away.

The email (forwarded to me) from the source on 11.08.

"Good afternoon,

We are delighted to announce the topping off of Berklee College of Music's 160 Massachusetts Avenue mixed-use building on Thursday, November 15 at 2:30 PM. We hope that you will be able to celebrate this important milestone with us. Thank you.

Bill Whitney

He is their real estate honcho. I don't know. I walk by daily and it looks like they're there.... and Bill Whitney must feel the same way.

EDIT TO ADD: Everyone does know that some of the renders floating around are older? I guess Kairos made them knock a few floors off late in the game.

EDIT TO ADD: Everyone does know that some of the renders floating around are older? I guess Kairos made them knock a few floors off late in the game.

If you go to the webcam feed and click on "description", there is a render there. Is that no longer a good render? If you count the windows on the render, they appear to show a couple more floors than have actually been built. Why would they be forced to knock floors off? I thought we were finally getting past that in Boston.

Someone I know who works there says that the topping-off has been postponed. I don't know anything more.

Ron the crane got stuck yesterday. Next week is what I heard walking home just now.

Beeline, great pics!! To all you guys who post pics, THANKS!!!

Holy crap check the live feed and look how much higher this thing just went!!!!!!!!!

Holy jesus, those are huge columns!

oayo2r.png

Back