Boston Common Overhaul

Had it for lunch today and it was a very good sandwich. I was pleasantly surprised. When news first broke about a chain restaurant coming to this location, I was disappointed. Plus, the pics on their website of their sandwiches looked unappealing, but I have to admit I'll be returning for lunch again. I think the restoration is tastefully done too.

New York is just a more current, wealthier Boston wanna be that was in the right place (great, deep harbor) at the right time (late 19th C with lots of investment $$).

That was meant to be sarcastic. I get tiered of all the why can't i live in New York whinning.

It's a private/public thing. The EOS has a ten-year lease on the building and is providing their own furnishings.

The trees blocking the view of the state house have been trimmed way back. Looks like the city is on a big tree trimming kick, Blackstone Sq has had two days of intense tree trimming this week.

The trees blocking the view of the state house have been trimmed way back. Looks like the city is on a big tree trimming kick, Blackstone Sq has had two days of intense tree trimming this week.

Does the Common fall under city jurisdiction for that? I'd think the state was responsible.

In a related note; dead trees on the Arborway where chopped down the other day.

So I stumbled across this display which goes by "Cool Globes: Hot Ideas for a Cooler Planet", which are designed with "green strategies to contend with environmental issues." Here's an article from today: Boston Globe

9521571762_0aae3bee55_b.jpg

9518778879_70294439ea_b.jpg

9518772655_e748ecf8cf_b.jpg

9518765759_a5f48b5f04_b.jpg

9521544854_5cea1b25b5_b.jpg

9518751737_0d692f9c1c_b.jpg

So I stumbled across this display which goes by "Cool Globes: Hot Ideas for a Cooler Planet", which are designed with "green strategies to contend with environmental issues." Here's an article from today: Boston Globe

9518772655_e748ecf8cf_b.jpg

9518765759_a5f48b5f04_b.jpg

KZ ... I hope that when the globes are olde hatte that they can be composted

PS: my favorite Green thing --- which I tried unsuccessfully to share with the planet though the One Thing on WRKO.coim ... is you collect from street side olde copies of "Earth in the Balance" and stockpile them by your fireplace to burn when the Green Electricity fails on a cold winters night

Yeah, what's going on there? Just drainage and resurfacing?

^^Maybe they also need to take care of the historic boundary fence at the other end of the Tremont St. mall which is slowly being destroyed by vandals. Not to mention the entire plaza in front of the visitors' center which has been a disgrace for at least 35 years.

Back