Boston Landing | New Balance Complex | Brighton

Re: New Brighton Landing | New Balance Complex

I could be wrong, but i thought they were planning on waiting for the hotel, that it would be part of a phase 2.

It reminds me of a Cruise Liner.

That is pretty massive. Also reminds me of a cruise liner.

Great pictures, davem. I'm really intrigued by the massing here- I can't really think of any sort of building similar to it off the top of my head. I agree with the cruise liner comparison.

The smog today is likely the standard hot-weather haze combined with smoke from wildfires out west.

I could be wrong, but i thought they were planning on waiting for the hotel, that it would be part of a phase 2.

That's what I thought too, but this project has changed so many times since they started construction I barely know what to expect.

I think the headquarters looks like a ship as well, but unlike how we usually talk about landscrapers I don't mind it that much. At the very least, it's a really unique design. I just hope the glass is as clear as they make it look in the renderings. I really don't want to be looking a mirror out my window.

or a shoe.

Yeah, it vaguely reminds me of ING House in Amsterdam, sometimes referred to as the shoe. I'd post a photo, but I still haven't figured out how that works.

Avalon Exeter, despite not being that tall, really stands out from way out in Brighton!

I'd post a photo, but I still haven't figured out how that works.

I]

Was just driving outbound on the Pike today (sorry no pics) and this thing looms REALLY large from that perspective (not so much when heading inbound). Not only is it as tall as the existing New Balance tower but it's so, so much longer -- it's now easily the biggest structure near the Pike from the Allston tolls to the Newton air rights hotel.

This pic shows what I'm talking about. It utterly dominates the area now.

From the Everett St Bridge:
14697105036_7e4ccbc62c_b.jpg

This pic shows what I'm talking about. It utterly dominates the area now.

As was desired by Kairos and the BRA.

cca

Today:
14557554007_72df01e752_b.jpg

14557553367_2ac9b530b3_b.jpg

I may have been wrong about the amount of steel on the pad the other day; I had assumed the rest of the penthouse would be framed out with the light-gauge stuff seen in the middle, but they did it heavy-duty. It's possible they used it all. I think the podium is getting extended a bit further west as well, although I could be mistaken.

Hah ... how does this not look like a ocean liner?

cca

Holy crap, someone pinch me and tell me I'm not dreaming! This is being built in Boston, right? I freaking love this!

Holy crap, someone pinch me and tell me I'm not dreaming! This is being built in Boston, right? I freaking love this!

We should be reserving that reaction to projects that put parking garages underground (or don't include them at all).

Back