Boston Landing | New Balance Complex | Brighton

The landing appears to align with two panels of the fence, but they haven't demolished both yet.

still haven't demolished the second panel...

rode from Boston Landing to Yawkey and back yesterday instead of riding my bike. Was surprised at how many locals seem to already be using the station.

it seems like most of the press releases about this project show the resident tower interchangeably with the hotel tower, then list a 295 unit, 17 story residence tower in addition to a 175 room hotel. But they never show the resident and hotel tower as distinct buildings. Instead, they show the hotel tower with logo about where the resident tower stands or vise-versa in all the renders.

Since we know this is the resident tower, does anyone have any information or renders clearly showing where the hotel will be built?

They are two separate buildings a different render is used for each building and it has never been an either or situation I'm not sure where you got that.

Hotel

Residential

Newest Site Plan
nbsite.jpg

Clearly these are different buildings and per the site plan are located across the street from each other with the hotel still appearing in the plans. I'm not sure when you got them mixed up or how, but they still show a hotel in their plans and it is not the same building as the residences and never even was considered for that location.

Last edited by a moderator:

still haven't demolished the second panel...

rode from Boston Landing to Yawkey and back yesterday instead of riding my bike. Was surprised at how many locals seem to already be using the station.

Definitely a nitpick, but it does bug me that they didn't take care of this before opening. Miles has already noticed it, and stuff like this just seems to fuel the fire of the "MBTA is incompetent, why give them more money" argument, even when in this case it's MassDOT's fence. The inter-agency bureaucracy definitely adds some complexity in this case, but given the state of its public image it wouldn't hurt the T to keep relatively simple stuff like this from adding to the pile.

That last shot is great. Hopefully we get some good density development at the Stop and Shop site.

^ Hum, that palette is very grey on a dull day.

That white precast is very popular right now but (The first building at Pier 4 in the South Boston Waterfront is an example of it too), as you point out, it looks great on a sunny day but on gray days they do seem to wash out. I'd love to see someone figure out how to get it to work better on cloudy days--it may just be tweaking the color to a warmer tone.

Back