Boston Marathon Bombings Thread

Re: Open Thread

I know... Meh, when I talk or think about Boston, I'm usually referring to the metro area. The city itself by political boundaries is so small and the life of this city extends so much further.

You really ought to hear this. It is WAR!!!!

Not sure why you changed your post. The first version was actually a decent post.

I live and went to school in the hood, believe me, I know. There was a shooting on the WIT campus during my orientation, for goodness sakes. While it's true that violence happens very often in this city, sometimes dozens of shootings per day, those incidents tend to be confined to certain areas. Now we have bombs on Boylston, bomb threats at the Courthouse and a fatal shooting at MIT. The violence is spreading.

I honestly don't even remember what I said other than that it sounded cheesy and I didn't feel like engaging at the time. I didn't realize the MIT cop had died, but I would agree things are getting very out of hand. You come to expect what happens in certain areas as inconsequential everyday shit - Joe sells drugs on Steve's turf, ergo Steve shoots Joe. There's no logical argument to be made for anyone engaging in such inane violence but simultaneously there's no end in sight. As for the other stuff, the bombings, the courthouse scare, the MIT shooting, it could be a bad week but it could be a sign of more to come. There are a lot of pissed off people out there.

The link gives you the police scan...way ahead of TV coverage!

One on ground under gun point, other taken to hospital, Explosives on ground, robot on way

I picked a bad night to be in the office late at MIT... hiding in my office with the lights off and door barricaded until MIT alerts says it's clear...

they are trying to clear the explosives. maybe 2 cops dead. automatic weapons used. suspects dead or captured. stay put

scanner now saying 2nd suspect might NOT be in custody!!!

Might be 3rd suspect. other 2 in custody...
Audio just went down. Stuck with TV. Good night.

audio back. 20 more cops being called in, national guard too

police scan: white suspect in grey hoodie still at large with possible assault rifle and explosives

T cop wounded in some sort of altercation also.

Police feed just went down again

Scanner: suspect headed to Newton.

P.S. missing student's family in Newton, for whatever that is worth

I see the resemblance. A piece of shit on so many levels if true.

Newton police in foot pursuit of suspect

Back