Boston Properties Office Tower | 888 Boylston Street | Back Bay

Re: 888 Boylston Street

The short fat girl? They're always the most fun anyway.

The short fat girl? They're always the most fun anyway...

...until you sober up, but the thing is, we were never drunk in the first place.

The short fat ones on the end of the bar at last call are usually more sober than you. So if it helps in the morning, they technically took advantage of you by preying on your impaired judgment. At least that's what I had to bullshit my son when he did something regrettable. It was better than saying, "No son, Given that I was always adored by the ladies at your age, I never made that kind of mistake or ever was in the position to do so."

888 Boylston will get built, eventually, in a decade, maybe more. Likely a Nordstroms will fill out the retail portion on the bottom.

888 Boylston will get built, eventually, in a decade, maybe more. Likely a Nordstroms will fill out the retail portion on the bottom.

Sorry, I'm confused where Statler's post on 02/07 is sourced. The BRA approved it, the Mayor wants it, and he hates NABB. I know the Hynes supports it, and even think PruPac ended up giving it a nod.

It's gonna be built. All that's left to haggle is color of sidewalk furniture and community benefits.

At the hearing on December 04, Boston Properties said they were ready to turn soil (so to speak, since it's in the existing Pru bathtub) as soon as the city issued permits, so this spring/summer. Financing was in place, at that time.

Sorry, I'm confused where Statler's post on 02/07 is sourced.

My bad. It was Banker & Tradesman. I've edited my post to reflect that.

I'm saying a decade or more because of the current state of financing. NABB will probably file an injunction at some point too. Think of how long the W Hotel sat on deck, that'll probably be what happens with 888.

not very optimistic

On the future of 888 Boylston St., Boston Properties? $192 million office building that received city approval at the close of 2008, Linde said they don?t expect to break ground anytime soon.

?If a user was interested in paying a premium rent to enable us to start construction, we would be more than happy to do that,? he said.

?I have a hard time believing that in this current environment a tenant is going to look at the other options in the marketplace and decide they want new construction,? he added. ?But you never know.?

http://bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/view.bg?articleid=1252802&srvc=business&position=3

bummer, but not surprising.

In the end, was this approved at 11 or 19 stories?

I hope the recession provides an opportunity for this one to go back to the drawing boards. As is it's just an inelegant glassy stumpy stump plopped down on Boylston with a useless setback. Why not build off the new streetwall created by the Mandarin? At least attempt to engage the street.

be careful what you wish for ^.

The smaller plaza will work great with the new restaurant in the Hynes, no need to make it a flush streetwall

^ Agreed. The current plaza gets used a healthy amount, don't see why it would need to be eliminated completely.

Re: Copley Place plan calls for condo tower

So wasnt the pru plaza building supposed to break ground......awhile ago?

So wasnt the pru plaza building supposed to break ground......awhile ago?

They put it on hold until the other one is built. Can't remember if why though or if it was just the crappy economy.

They said they won't build until a tenant is signed. If the back bay office market vacancy rate drops enough, maybe they might be willing to build it on speculation.

Last edited:

Back