Boston Skyline Photos

A few shots from the Hingham Ferry on Thursday. (02.08.24)
The sun was kind of in the wrong place for a good sunset view.

IMG_8186.jpg
IMG_8188.jpg
IMG_8202.jpg

More Blue Hills from 2/11, this time from the roof of the Weather Observatory on Great Blue Hill. It's open weekends from 10-4 and totally worth the $5! There's also a gift shop. This is not to be confused with Eliot Tower, the free stone tower which is currently under renovation. The Weather Observatory view is better, and 360 degrees. I could even see Mt Monadnock from the top, 67 miles away! (although my pic of that on "photo of the day" is from further down Skyline Trail on Great Blue Hill, towards 138)

IMG_0334 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_0337 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_0365 by David Z, on Flickr

Great photo's. You can also see Providence from the top of the weather observatory.

3 standard looks and 3 zoomed in, from Granite Links 2/11.

You can really see how Winthrop is indeed the tallest downtown from this photo. In many instances, it doesn't look like the tallest. I would have loved to see South Station break just a little higher than Winthrop, just to balance the view from this location.

Boston skyline behind the morning Logan rush hour traffic. Apologies for the image quality:

20240312_085111.jpg

20240312_085146.jpg

20240312_085150.jpg

1. Always chuckle when I see that seaport district buzz cut
2. Once the SS tower is completed, it'll really add a nice additional focal point to the downtown skyline, especially when viewed from this vantage point

Back