Boston Skyline Photos

Sending good thoughts and best wishes to your sister for a quick return to her usual good health.

thanks^ visiting my sister at MGH

I wish your sister well. I just signed a lease for a place at the Longfellow towers (I can see my new balcony from one of your pics) so I'll have to submit some competing views. ;)

Hate to say this but most of the downtown towers should not have been built. I would love if Boston was still like this picture from 1906.

I'd miss the height they added, but other than that I wouldn't. One Beacon is a monstrosity, and don't get me started on The Black Hole (One Boston Place).

A different kind of view, Mission Hill:
20170106_1636252_zpsdro2gjfj.jpg

What building did you take that from?

I'd miss the height they added, but other than that I wouldn't. One Beacon is a monstrosity, and don't get me started on The Black Hole (One Boston Place).

absolutely agreed re: one beacon, but i'm surprised there's any substantial hate for one boston. i get that not every style is going to be a given person's favorite, but with the bracing and the little hat i think it's as fine an example of structural expressionism as, say, chicago's hancock center -- if it was nearly as tall as the hancock maybe it'd stand out in a more positive way to more people?

^^this. i'm fine with the massing and the dark cladding of 1 Boston Pl. *in a perfect world, it would be satin instead of flat. i just want a dense ringed fence around the perimeter of the occupied floors' roof to shroud and mitigate the mechanical 'box'. Then light it up at night.

absolutely agreed re: one beacon, but i'm surprised there's any substantial hate for one boston. i get that not every style is going to be a given person's favorite, but with the bracing and the little hat i think it's as fine an example of structural expressionism as, say, chicago's hancock center -- if it was nearly as tall as the hancock maybe it'd stand out in a more positive way to more people?

It does remind me of John Hancock Center in Chicago because of the black cladding and the cross bracing.

i do agree it'd enhance that building if they under-lit the building's cap at night. ideally dark red, to keep with the darth vader-ness of the building.

i do agree it'd enhance that building if they under-lit the building's cap at night. ideally dark red, to keep with the darth vader-ness of the building.

Ha! I've always thought it looked like Darth Vader's secret headquarters.

I hate when people call Boston "tiny". Does this look like a small city to you?
5001999397_e549c872df_b.jpg

Back